Gypsy, Roma and Traveller (GRT)
All children and young people should be able to achieve their potential, whatever their ethnic and cultural background. Research studies have consistently identified Gypsy, Roma and Traveller pupils as the group most at risk in the education system. Herts for Learning works to support schools and settings to raise standards and to narrow achievement gaps for GRT pupils.
Bespoke training and consultancy support from Herts for Learning includes:
- increasing staff awareness and understanding of GRT cultures, lifestyles and histories
- developing a culturally inclusive curriculum that values diversity and builds self‑confidence
- signposting resources and sources of information to inform planning and bring about effective practice in the classroom
- using pupil and parental voice to evaluate the effectiveness of learning, and to develop and maintain effective partnerships with parents, families and communities
- using data analysis to track progress and evaluate effectiveness of learning and teaching approaches
For further information on all Herts for Learning’s school improvement consultancy and advisory services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01438 845111.