ICT Services (formerly SITSS) delivers a complete suite of services, ensuring schools and academies get the best from existing technology and Management Information Systems (MIS SIMS). Consultants, experts in their field, provide advice and guidance that is adapted to individual requirements and priorities.
Schools and academies can focus on improving outcomes for children, whilst experts review and enhance MIS and technology. All services are underpinned by a Service Desk; a one‑stop‑shop, giving schools and academies easy access to personalised support by MIS, network and technical consultants, and curriculum ICT and eSafety advisers.
ICT Services is a complete solution for:
- advice and support across the suite of SIMS
- consultancy, training, support, and on‑site visits for headteachers, senior leaders, business managers and data administrators in the implementation and use of SIMS across all phases
- guidance in preparing and delivering academies statutory returns to HCC/DfE
- access to termly SIMS user groups for data managers
- advice on ICT procurement
- design of curriculum and administrative network and systems, with installation and configuration
- technical and network support options, from service desk to fully managed packages
- anti-virus support
- consultancy project management for all ICT projects, including networks, wireless and Apple solutions
- timetabling consultancy packages, helping academies save time, money and resources
ICT Services is fully accredited by the Learning and Performance Institute as a technical support centre providing a first class level of customer service and incident resolution.
Who we are
- SITSS team poster (pdf/288kb)
- SITSS - Research and Business Development/Technology Services teams (pdf/356kb)
You can also find profiles for the team leads on the right hand side of this page.
Management Information Systems (SIMS)
As a fully accredited Capita SIMS support team, ICT Services delivers high‑quality support and guidance to academies. This enables them to harness the power of SIMS to:
- raise academic standards
- improve individual pupil attainment
- develop and maintain efficient business and administrative processes
- review the organisation of curriculum compared with other schools and academies.* This service has helped schools and academies identify areas for significant savings
ICT Services has developed a whole range of analysis reports for SIMS, including comprehensive reports for SIMS Assessment Manager (AM7), which support PA plus online resources. All SIMS data analysis reports can have a significant impact, improving an academy’s evidence for Ofsted judgements.
ICT Services also support headteachers and senior leaders to understand their data, effectively track trends, and target intervention to raise pupil achievement. As nationally recognised leaders in this field, ICT Services provides value‑for‑money support that will save a school money, time and effort and have tangible benefits for staff, students, pupils, parents and governors.
Network and technical solutions
ICT Services offers comprehensive services to help schools manage and get the best from technology, whilst supporting individual priorities. It provides nationally acclaimed, educationally driven guidance, which enables schools and academies to get support for day-to-day ICT technical issues. It provides independent guidance and support to help schools and academies get best value on IT procurement, system installations and upgrades. In addition, professional and affordable Apple iOS/OSX and wireless solutions are offered to cater for an establishment’s specific requirements.
ICT Services support is enhanced by curriculum advisers who are driven by sound and current educational practices.
Let ICT Services bring ICT back to life in your establishment by allowing you to benefit from:
- a pedagogical approach to ensure the best use of ICT
- a review of current equipment and then outlining immediate and future recommendations
- easy to follow guidance and advice – translating your technical requirements into affordable solutions
- network design and commissioning services tailored to meet individual needs
- a robust and scalable managed wireless solution
- Apple iOS and OSX management solution, which will integrate into a school’s or academy’s current network
- being curriculum focussed, ensuring each school has the correct software and resources
- flexible support models from fully managed network support, with routine or ad hoc visits by an ICT consultant, aiding an ICT coordinator with basic service desk support
- a flexible support model for Office 365 email
- a five year ICT procurement plan to aid with budget setting
- guidance on AV systems, printing solutions, ICT requirements for new builds or extensions
Contact Christine Woodward, Chief Information Officer
Tel: 01438 844777
Visit the ICT Services web pages on the Hertfordshire Grid for Learning website for operational guidance and support:
‘…but I wanted to tell you how brilliant it is! I am so pleased I waited, I was about to work out all the groups for my meeting with the SIP next week, but it is now done for me. All I need to do is explain the content.’
‘Staff are fed up of me sitting at PC muttering 'this is brilliant!' I can't wait for Monday's SIP meeting, data at my fingertips!’