Wellbeing and vulnerable groups
Herts for Learning’s wellbeing and vulnerable groups team works closely with school and academy leaders to support a strategic approach focused on:
- improving outcomes for specific vulnerable groups, including Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND); Black Minority Ethnic (BME) and Gypsy, Roma and Traveller (GRT) pupils
- all issues related to health and wellbeing, including anti-bullying, behaviour for learning, emotional health, eSafety, Healthy Schools, PSHCE and SRE, pupil voice and parental engagement
- meeting the equalities duties and other statutory duties, e.g. British Values and Prevent
The team works with all phases and delivers CPD, INSET and consultancy to meet the needs of individual schools and academies. The following pages show examples of specific packages and services offered by the team.
- Behaviour for learning
- Black Minority Ethnic (BME)
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller (GRT)
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Wellbeing and Vulnerable programmes and courses
A comprehensive range of programmes and courses are run by the Wellbeing and Vulnerable Groups team each term.
- Core RSE* & PSHE related training programme 2017-18 (pdf/3MB) New 24/03/17
- "No Outsiders" - An Exciting Calendar of Primary Pupil Workshops for 2017 (pdf/67kb) New 3/2/17