Back on Track: Assessment
A remote training package to support school leaders with the strategic leadership and development of formative assessment in their school across the curriculum.
The content of this training package is cross-phase and applies to primary and secondary schools.
Package includes training with an option for additional consultancy.
Back on Track: Assessment training comprises two full days training plus two twilight sessions for two delegates from the school.
The training explores key areas including:
- adapting the curriculum intent and implementation in light of the lockdown
- the crucial role of effective formative assessment techniques in re-establishing an effective ‘recovery curriculum’ that meets the learners’ current needs
- strategic leadership and development of formative assessment practice across the whole staff
Two key questions for all teachers and school leaders that will be explored:
- How do you know what is going on inside the minds of the children/students you teach?
- How do you know that you know?
Twilight sessions follow a coaching format - exploring what each school has implemented so far, what has been successful and what issues, problems or important learning moments have occurred. Advice and guidance will focus on determining next steps and shaping the way forward
Package 1 Training
|Training plus one day consultancy (or equivalent)||£1210|
View full details and book the Back on Track: Assessment training on the CPD Hub
The universal catch-up premium for 2020 to 2021* can be used to access the Back on Track support packages.
* “Schools have the flexibility to spend their [universal catch-up] funding in the best way for their cohort and circumstances.” DfE Guidance: Coronavirus (COVID-19) catch-up premium (20/7/20)