Financial services - academies
Our Financial Services team has an extensive range of financial support packages, designed to meet the requirements of both single and Multi‑Academy Trusts.
Whether you are a school considering conversion to academy status, have applied for conversion, have already converted to academy trust status or are expanding to a Multi-Academy Trust, our team can help.
Our team includes a range of skills and experience, including:
Fully qualified accountants
- ex-school business managers with strong backgrounds in school financial management
- team members who worked at finance‑director level in Multi-Academy Trusts
- team members with extensive experience of financial management and reporting in schools of all phases
We also work closely with a number of audit firms to ensure a streamlined process for managing financial reporting and management requirements.
Services can be tailored to meet individual needs, and bespoke advice is given to academies on how they can be supported further in meeting financial reporting and management requirements.
The menu of services includes:
- regular bursar services on a weekly, monthly or alternative basis, including budget monitoring
- budget forecast returns, annual accounting returns, ad hoc EFA reports, preparation of year-end working papers, and audit liaison
- financial health checks and business recovery planning
Cover for an academy’s essential staff
- finance manager, finance director, emergency bursar cover, on a variety of finance systems, including Sage 200 for Education and FMS6
Chief finance officer support services
- setting up, testing and overseeing financial processes and transactions in the academy/Multi-Academy Trust.
- support in maintaining relationships with external auditors, including investigation and implementation of audit findings
- oversight of budget‑planning processes and submission of returns
- accounting support for academies
- systems support on Capita FMS6
- budget management, including medium‑term planning and scenario planning
- support in preparing a medium‑term plan on HCSS budgeting for academies and SBS Online
- support and guidance to academies on the latest funding information • inflation and pay costs
For further information, including pricing, please contact Louise Shaw, ACA
Tel: 01438 843299