Recruiting and selecting the right people is fundamental to the success of any organisation, and poor recruitment decisions can leave a lasting detrimental impact, which can take a considerable amount of time to rectify. Our team is passionate about recruiting high-quality people who can make a real difference.
Our Recruitment Services team can help guide educational settings through the recruitment and selection process, striving for best practice, in order to attract candidates from the widest possible pool to create a talented workforce.
Leadership (headteacher) recruitment service
Working closely with governing bodies, the Leadership Recruitment Service provides support and advice in the recruitment and selection of headteachers.
We offer a complete solution for leadership recruitment services. The appointment of a Headteacher or Service Leader is critical to the future success of a school. The
new enhanced service provides a range of budget options.
Standard recruitment service
- welcome pack including step by step progress check
- suggestions for the application pack preparation, including best practice documents
- support with advertising and advice on discounts available
- preparation of shortlisting grids
- safer recruitment check on candidate applications
- reference request and checks
- information encrypted to Chair of Governors (CoG) at official school email address meeting new GDPR guidelines
- invitation to interviews sent to candidates
- notification to candidates not shortlisted or unsuccessful at interview
- send offer of appointment letter
Enhanced leadership recruitment service
In addition to benefiting from the standard leadership recruitment service, the enhanced leadership recruitment service includes the following recruitment consultant support:
Held at the school by our recruitment specialist with the governor selection panel of up to three people (two hours). The aim is to identify and complete:
- key competencies required for your headteacher
- job description and person specification
- candidate pack and job advert to provide a more professional finish
- outline assessment activities and questions to test the competencies identified
Candidate pack preparation including placing of advert and advertising
Held at the school with governor selection panel and your HIP (two hours). As well as shortlisting, the meeting will also finalise the following, based on selected candidates:
- assessment day activities
- interview questions
- timetable for the day
Completion of assessment day packs
Testing is recommended for shortlisted candidates, providing a further perspective to the panel on the assessment day.
Recruitment consultant support with the assessment and interview day, guidance on procedures and facilitation of discussion with your HIP
To maximise potential applicants, the service also offers access to negotiated discounted rates with TES and The Guardian and can also be managed, using social media channels.
Please contact us for further information and details of pricing on 01438 845785 or email email@example.com
* Please note: negotiated advertising rates are in addition to the cost of the Standard and Enhanced services.
Recruitment and selection toolkits
For non‑teaching roles, a range of products is available for schools and academies. These products support senior leaders in recruiting and selecting the best talent, whilst reducing the risk of liability and enabling the school to defend any potential claims.
The recruitment and selection toolkits are available for the following roles:
- finance assistant
- office manager
- a job‑evaluated job description
- a person specification
- an editable advert
- a selection shortlisting grid
- a selection of competency‑based interview questions
- a role‑appropriates assessment, with accompanying scoring sheet