Change in challenging times: Leading a successful Sixth Form
The theme for this year’s conference is effective leadership, and the leadership skills required to successfully navigate the post-COVID education landscape. Our Sixth Form Conference will provide the opportunity for Heads of Sixth Form to refocus on pedagogy, curriculum and assessment, and the creation of a high-performing culture for students following a period of unprecedented change.
The day’s programme will start with keynotes from:
- Kevin Gilmartin, Post-16 specialist, Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL)
‘What are the key areas of sixth form leadership at the moment’?
- Dr Pragya Agarwal, Senior academic anti-racism, inclusion and unconscious bias
‘Unravelling unconscious bias’. In this talk, Dr Agarwal will discuss the biases that can have an impact in the classroom and how educators can ensure a more inclusive classroom.
- Claire Green, Director of Sixth Form, Northampton School for Girls
‘Keeping the plates spinning: Reflections on effective Sixth Form leadership’
Delegates will then have the opportunity to attend two workshop sessions in the afternoon chosen from:
Session 1 workshop options
- Revolutionary Ed Tech for A Level with Sam Hall, Up Learn
- Embedding Proactive Study Skills at KS5, with Martin Griffin, VESPA
- Making the most of employer encounters in your careers programme: research findings and best practice with Charley Fowler, UK Education Lead and Area Manager, Unifrog
Session 2 workshop options
- T-Levels with Simon Peak and Gabby Owen, DfE
- Be Seen with EPQ with Jennifer Osler, AQA
- Hertfordshire Opportunities Portal – support to help students make informed career decisions and connect with employers with Caroline Cartwright, Hertfordshire LEP
By choosing the workshops that will support their school’s and students’ needs specific needs, delegates have the opportunity return to school with a renewed refocus on pedagogy, curriculum and assessment to create a high-performing culture for students.
This event is open to all but would be especially suitable for Heads of Sixth Form, Heads of Year 12 and 13 and Senior Leadership personnel.
For information about how to apply for an opportunity to exhibit at this event, please contact Sarah Dobbs at email@example.com