Approaching the leadership of SEND with a curious mind-set has never been more crucial for children and young people with SEND than it is now. Coordinating SEN provision means taking a collaborative approach. SENCOs do not necessarily have all the answers, but they do need to be inquisitive by:
- being open to new ideas and different perspectives
- looking for new ways of doing things
- asking others their opinions, listening and observing
This year’s conference will explore this concept further and reflect on how taking a curious approach can help meet the needs of children and young people with SEND. The conference will offer SENCOs and other school leaders a valuable opportunity to explore, discuss and reflect upon key messages, current research and thinking in order to strengthen practice in their own setting.
Kim Pigram, Senior HMI, maintained schools and academies, will deliver the opening keynote, providing a valuable perspective from Ofsted.
Participants will be able to hear from a number of additional keynotes and take part in a range of workshops suited to their setting led by specialists in their field. The majority of sessions will be recorded and made available after the event for delegates to re-visit.
This will be a valuable and uplifting day, allowing time for reflection and further thought enabling participants to:
- have an opportunity to listen to national speakers with current and innovative ideas
- have time to reflect, reconsider and re-energise plans for provision for children with SEND
- improve access to learning for pupils with SEND in their setting
- improve progress for struggling learners through improved leadership of SEND
Book now to secure your place at this annual cross phase SEND event for headteachers and SENCOs