This annual conference will focus on addressing the needs of our disadvantaged pupils.
The aim of the conference is to raise the profile of those pupils who need us most and equip delegates with strategies to ensure they can attain and progress as well as their peers. Attendees will hear from respected keynote speakers, share experiences and participate in a series of workshops. The planned focus for the workshops will include:
- developing cultural capital
- facilitating parental engagement
- addressing disadvantage in the Early Years
- good practice in closing the gap in the primary and secondary sectors
- the importance of being a trauma informed learning community
- the governor role in supporting schools to close the gap between disadvantaged learners and their more affluent peers
The OFSTED perspective and expectations under the new 2019 inspection framework will support schools to tailor their provision to accelerate the progress of disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils.