This year’s secondary Mathematics Conference, with keynote speaker Robert Wilne, will be firmly based in classroom practice and will be flooded with productive ideas on transforming student progress in your school.
We are delighted to be welcoming back Robert Wilne as our keynote speaker. A former secondary Director for the NCETM, Robert is well-known as consultant, coach, author and editor. His theme will be challenging students’ understanding in Mathematics lessons, and will be well worth hearing.
“Understanding the Challenge of Challenging Understanding” by Robert Wilne
In addition, delegates will have the opportunity to attend sessions by:
- Bruno Reddy from Times Table Rock Stars, inter alia
- Charlie Gilderdale from NRICH
- Sue Southward from the Cambridge Maths Hub
- David Grant from the Matrix Maths Hub
This full-day event has been planned to keep delegates engaged and motivated from start to finish and provide them with:
- a wealth of ideas on developing classroom practice;
- insights into what research and practice tell us about learning Maths, and the implications for teachers
- a range of resources and ideas to transform practice within Maths departments.
- an opportunity to network and share innovative ideas and good practice with colleagues
This conference is open to all, but would be particularly suitable for all classroom teachers. including NQTs, but will also be highly relevant to heads of department, aspiring heads of department and others interested in mathematics education in Key Stages 3 and 4.
This event is currently planned to take place face to face at Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, but may be moved online, depending on COVID restrictions at the time.