Herts for Learning is delighted to support and work in partnership with Herts Sports Partnership, Youth Sport Trust and Sport England in delivering an exciting opportunity for PE, school sport, physical activity and health and wellbeing in January.
Hertfordshire primary schools' PE and school sports conference: positive futures and positive minds
This year’s will take place at the De Havilland Campus, University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield.
Ali Oliver, CEO, Youth Sport Trust will give the opening address, Delegates will then be able to hear keynote speeches and participate in networking opportunities and interactive workshops discussing the topical issues in PE, School Sport and Physical activity surrounding Hertfordshire's Primary Schools for the rest of the day.
The Conference will comprise of a mixture of keynotes and workshops to ensure there is something for everyone. Please note that all workshop sessions must be booked in advance. Due to Covid, capacity is limited and will be monitored for the safety and comfort of all.
The workshops will range from Ofsted, mental health, wellbeing, active 60, PE and sport premium and many practical sessions. Please see below.
Upon booking, each delegate will be sent a link to select ONE workshop from each session. Places are limited and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
Session 1: 10.30am - 11.30am
- invasion games - David Rock
- primary dance - Kim Henderson
- school swimming and water safety update - David Rayner
- an introduction into Early Years PE and PA - Helen Battelley
- using wellbeing journals to support the delivery of health education - Rachel McSweeney
- getting ready for Ofsted deep dive - Ashley Hosier and Hanna Miller Ofsted
- PE and sport premium - supporting schools in effective reporting - Emma Mackenzie-Hogg
- Playwaze for schools - Jason Sorrell
Session 2: 11.45am - 12.45pm
- Gymnastics - Natalie Richardson
- Gaelic football - Stephen Lavery
- PE at the heart of your school - Advocate Headteachers
- #WellSchools: The practical guide to measuring wellbeing in schools - Ashley Hosier
- New to leading PE – part 2 - Catherine Fitzpatrick
- Getting ready for Ofsted deep dive - Emma Mackenzie - Hogg YST
- Health and safety in PE, school sport and physical activity - Jan Hickman, The Association for Physical Education (afPE)
- The transition gap - Herts SGO’s and schools in Hertfordshire
Session 3: 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Outdoor and adventurous education - Natalie Richardson
- Music and movement in the Early Years - Helen Battelley
- Case studies around the use of the PE Premium - variety of Hertfordshire schools
- Active 60 practical examples to engage young people - Ashley Hosier
- Shaping your PE curriculum - Catherine Fitzpatrick
- School games and the Commonwealth legacy - Fiona Macmillan
- Introduction to the science of wellbeing - Adrian Bethune
- Physical activity in Maths and English - Teach active and schools in Hertfordshire
During lunch participants will be able to browse the marketplace of suppliers covering PE, Sport and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
This full-day event has been planned to provide all delegates with opportunities to:
- develop greater confidence and competence in delivering PE, school sport, physical activity and health and wellbeing
- gain a better understanding of the Ofsted framework and how PE can contribute
- develop ideas for promoting activity and health and wellbeing, including mental health, in their school
- gain support to effectively report on their school’s use of the PE and School Sport Premium
- gain information regarding resources that can support the development of PE, physical activity and sport in their school
- be more informed about how the Herts Sports Partnership, Youth Sport Trust and School Games Organisers can support their school
Schools can use the PE and Sport premium to fund the cost / supply costs to attend, as this comes under “CPD”.
Please download the full day’s programme.