The Herts for Learning 2019 Secondary Mathematics Conference, Intelligent Practice to Raise Student Achievement with Craig Barton and Andrew Taylor
Craig Barton, renowned mathematics educator and author, and Andrew Taylor, Head of Curriculum for Mathematics, AQA, head the line-up of experienced and inspirational speakers at this special, cross-regional Mathematics Conference. Between them, they will lead the theme for the day, ‘Intelligent Practice to Raise Student Achievement’ and deliver the keynote address.
Following the keynote session, there will be a selection of six workshops, each following the theme of intelligent practice, across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Intelligent Practice – Craig Barton
- Building fluency in challenging topics – Andrew Taylor
- Developing and inspiring with A level mathematics – Samantha Burns and Pietro Tozzi, Edexcel Pearson
- Lessons to learn from student performance in GCSE Mathematics assessments – Neil Ogden, OCR
- Plastic Fantastic: intelligent practice with your hands – Robert Wilne, Atlas Teaching School
- Help! My A-level students can’t square a fraction – Val Pritchard, Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP)
Delegates will leave having explored intelligent practice in a number of mathematical contexts, both pre- and post-16. With a special discount offer for multiple delegates from the same school, this is an ideal opportunity for departmental CPD and future planning and an opportunity not to be missed by mathematics leaders and teachers.
Cost: £185, subsequent delegates from the same school £90
*Please note: there will also be complimentary shuttle bus service will operate from St Neots train station for the conference, and for drivers, please be assured there is ample free parking at the venue which is located just off the A1.