Business Improvement Partner (BIP) service
Providing headteachers with the strategic skills to effectively run the business management functions of the school.
The Business Improvement Partner service is designed to support headteachers with the strategic skills required to successfully run the business elements of a school and to provide assurance that key business areas are robust, compliant and providing relevant information for effective management. Both newly appointed headteachers and headteachers wishing to access strategic business management advice will benefit from the service which includes:
- working in partnership with a dedicated and highly experienced school business manager
- support, training and mentoring on business management through a programme of half-termly visits covering an entire business year, tailored to your individual needs
- to provide a clear focus throughout the year, each visit will have a theme
- relevant documents, processes and information will be discussed
- a subscription service consisting of five half termly visits, with an optional sixth visit for the second half of the summer term.
The programme objectives will:
- enable effective reviews or audits
- signpost to sources of further information and support
- help identify areas of development and help put in place programmes to address these.
During the year your consultant will discuss with you:
- annual compliance – governance, staff safeguarding checks, Single Central Record, business continuity, health and safety, risk management
- financial management – procurement and contracts management, financial sustainability, budget scenario modelling incorporating horizon watching, interpreting benchmarking and metrics and your strategic plans; SFVS and income generation
- staffing – induction, personnel records, absence management, pay and progression, agile staffing and HR support
- premises – asset and resources planning, capital bids, managing building projects, statutory inspection and testing
- marketing – website, social media, bids and grants, lettings and community liaison
- business management processes and responsibilities within your school setting – individual roles, best practice and efficient procedures
- integrated strategic planning – integrating the school improvement plan, budgeting process, staffing, IT, resources and integrating the premises plan into a 3-5 year strategic plan.
Please get in touch to find out more about the service, email email@example.com or call 01438 544484. Ideally we would start our partnerships with school in September or April annually but we are more than happy to discuss beginning to work with a setting at any time to support depending on their circumstances.