Hertfordshire Improvement Partner (HIP) programme
The Hertfordshire Improvement Partner (HIP) programme is a flexible service that offers a range of services, allowing schools and academies in Hertfordshire to select the elements that are most suited to their setting.
Ensuring strong leadership to enable great outcomes for all pupils
Within Hertfordshire’s primary schools and academies, Hertfordshire Improvement Partners (HIPs) are one of three types:
- consultant HIPs, which means they are experienced education professionals working through Herts for Learning, who are managed, trained and quality assured by the company
- District School Effectiveness Advisers (DSEAs), meaning they undertake both the role of a DSEA and HIP and are part of the centrally retained Herts for Learning primary team
- practising headteacher HIPs from a good or outstanding school or academy in Hertfordshire
Each DSEA/HIPs act as a critical, professional friend to the school, helping its leadership to evaluate performance, identify priorities for improvement and plan effective change. In summary, HIPs support the building of the school’s capacity to improve the attainment and progress of all pupils, and other key outcomes that have a bearing on pupils’ achievement.
Engaging the services of one of our HIPs offers a number of advantages, and provides:
- a flexible programme, agreed through discussion, which can be as extensive or as focused as required
- support and challenge from current or ex headteachers
- a HIP with up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in statutory requirements, teaching and learning, and school improvement strategies
- a HIP who is rigorously quality assured and who is accountable for their work
- a HIP who can work with colleagues in other areas of HfL to carefully coordinate a “team around the school”, drawing on the range of expertise that is available within our organisation and across the wider range of schools and academies within Hertfordshire.
Special Saver HIP package
The Special Saver annual HIP package is a four-visit package of support, available to, and agreed with, the individual infant, first, primary or junior school. It could include a half day school self-evaluation visit and a half day headteacher performance appraisal in the autumn term, a whole day school self-evaluation visit in the spring term, and a half day review of the year visit in the summer term.
The individual nature of schools is recognised however, and a flexible and bespoke approach to the use of these four visits is offered.
The package includes 2.5 days delivering the programme in school, and 1.5 days in preparation and write‑up time.
The saver package includes all the features of HIP support with the extra benefits of:
- discounted rate on purchasing a package
- planned guaranteed dates agreed in advance with the school
Please contact us for further information and details of pricing on 01438 845111 or email email@example.com
I have found the support provided by HfL invaluable. Our HIP has been there for us when needed, every step of the way, and has been supportive yet challenging. The consistent approach has enabled us to continue on our journey of improvement, ensuring that our children are at the forefront of everything we do.
Bushey Manor Junior School