To support headteachers following the enormous challenges and pressures over two years, Herts for Learning is launching a new coaching programme starting this July.
Leadership in schools is incredibly rewarding but also has tremendous challenges. The last two years have highlighted the essential work of your school to keep your community thriving and has put unprecedented pressure on your school community and on you. Coaching is a great opportunity to work on identifying where you, your team and your school want to go next.
Justine MacDonald, School Effectiveness Adviser, Herts for Learning
The year-long programme coaching programme will help headteachers develop their practice, problem-solving skills and explore how to overcome obstacles in a safe, and most importantly, confidential space.
Lead by a team of expert coaches at Herts for Learning, the programme will provide headteachers with the opportunity to
be in a safe and confidential space where the focus will be solely on them
identify the barriers that are blocking them from realising their potential
develop leadership skills, strategic working and resilience
Participants will be able select to explore the many aspects of the challenges they meet in their leadership role:
- working on problem solving for a specific issue
- focusing on developing more effective working relationships
- to soundboard SLT development priorities
- clarifying specific barriers and challenges in your context
- identifying next steps in a challenging situation
Aimed at headteachers in all phases, this programme run over one academic year and will consist of:
- a 90 minute on-line introductory session with your coach to establish the best way of working for you both to maximise the outcomes of the programme for you
- a further 5 x 90-minute online sessions, one each half term. The focus of each session will be chosen by the coachee
The programme will be open to a maximum of 30 people for 2022/23
Early bird offer
The first 20 participants to purchase the entire programme package will receive a 30% discount
Early Bird cost: £725
To express an interest in joining this programme, please email Justine MacDonald at email@example.com.