Herts for Learning’s (HfL) Early Years team has announced a range of new benefits for members of its Early Years PVI support service for pre-school and PVI settings managers, the Quality Improvement Forum (QIF).
Members can now benefit from new discounts on educational resources from TTS Group and workshops from EPIC Early Years. As well as discounts, Premier Education are offering QIF members a free one-hour session for your setting focusing on Wellbeing, Performing arts or sport. This can be for adults or children.
These discounts are in addition to the existing benefits of QIF membership, which are tailored to PVI settings, which include:
- An invitation to attend two Quality Improvement Forum events each year, with a choice of two dates and two locations
- Termly QIF newsletters, providing updated information relating to Ofsted and the DfE to ensure subscribers are kept informed of current essential information in the Early Years sector. This will include the latest trends in Ofsted inspections, links to training to support practitioners’ development and latest research.
- Access to a range of HfL PVI Early Years resources
- Access to the QIF portal.
The bi-annual Quality Improvement Forum events provide an opportunity to attend and find out about the latest key messages delivered by Early Years Consultants (EYCs) including research and how this impacts on practice.
Try before you buy
If you would like to ‘try before you buy’, book a place on the next Quality Improvement Forum (details below) . For £40 you can attend this event and if you decide to join the QIF membership – you will be able to upgrade to become a member on the day, for an extra £10.
You can book online at a cost of £40 excluding VAT per person by clicking on one of the links below:
This terms forum, “Helping you with steps to success”, will cover:
- Sharing practice: Embedding mindfulness strategies in an early years setting – how this is working for staff and children in a pre-school setting
- Time is fleeting yet it never stops! Managing time to promote your wellbeing – Claire Meyer
- Active wellbeing session - Premier Education
- Introduction to HfL HR services – David Windridge and Chris Brown
- Ofsted, DfE and safeguarding - local and national updates – Caroline Chalke
- Opportunity to access surgeries on the following key areas: assessment; safeguarding; and Ofsted. Surgeries available to book from 3:30-4:00pm
The April 2020 forum dates and venues will be announced shortly.
Member, Karen Keene from Young Discoverers Preschool in Hemel Hempstead said of QIF membership:
“I would highly recommend joining the Quality Improvement Forum. I felt ‘like a professional’. The forum was well run, friendly, welcoming and very informative. It was encouraging to be able to share our ideas and experiences with each other. I felt that what I had to say was valued and helpful to others, and I certainly found the insights of others helpful. There was certainly a different feel to this forum which valued us as professional leaders and educators. I would highly recommend it.”
Individual membership costs £50 a year and can be purchased via the HfL Shop: Early Years forum membership (QIF) - Quality Improvement Forum (QIF)