The debate on the future of assessment in English schools long pre-dates the pandemic. But following more than a year of stop-start education, the voices calling for a rethink of the nature and purpose of assessment are louder than ever.
At this critical time, Herts for Learning (HfL), the UK’s largest schools’ company and a leading provider of school improvement and business support services, is delighted to announce a major national assessment conference.
Evidencing learning: a fresh look at assessment
This online event, taking place on Wednesday 15th September 2021, is entitled “Evidencing learning: a fresh look at assessment.” It brings together some of the country’s leading educationalists to share ideas, discuss and debate on this vitally important topic.
Keynote speakers include:
- Priya Lakhani OBE, CEO, Century Tech
- Rebecca Boomer-Clark, CEO, Academies Enterprise Trust
- Peter Hyman, Co-CEO, BIG Education and founding head of School21
- Bill Lucas, Professor of Learning at University of Winchester
- Rachel Macfarlane, Education Director, Herts for Learning.
Ann Mroz, former editor of TES, will moderate a discussion panel featuring the above speakers.
In addition to the morning’s keynote session, there will be an opportunity for delegates to participate in a variety of workshops of their choosing, with particular relevance to their educational phase and interests in the afternoon.
Workshop leads include:
- Ruth Swailes, Early Years expert and system leader
- Dr James Mannion, Director, Rethinking Education
- Alice Barnard, The Edge Foundation
- Dr Julian Grenier, Early Years expert and Headteacher
- Kate McAllister, Headteacher, The Hive School, Dominican Republic
- Becky Carlzon, Primary expert and author
- Phil Avery, CEO, Bohunt Education Trust
- Alex Bedford, Primary Adviser, Unity Schools Partnership
- Conrad Hughes, Director, La Grande Boissière, International School of Geneva
- Lulu McConville, recent graduate from a university college in the Netherlands
- Dr Molly Dineen, academic foundation doctor and recent graduate from the University of Exeter Medical School.
Educators at all phases, from Early Years through to Post-16, with an interest in assessment are invited to take part in what promises to be a seminal event.
Andrew de Csilléry, Managing Director, Herts for Learning says:
These are challenging times for schools and educational settings, not only within Hertfordshire but across the country, and indeed all around the world. We should leave no stone unturned as we strive to support schools and educational settings in securing the best possible outcomes for young people. HfL has always encouraged constructive debate and engagement between educators and we are proud to play our part in hosting our first national assessment conference.
For more information, please visit:
The 2021 Herts for Learning National Assessment Conference
Evidencing learning: a fresh look at assessment.
Wednesday 15th September 2021
Cost per delegate £99
Hertfordshire schools with existing accounts are invited to book places via the HfL CPD Hub in the usual way: Course code: ASS/21/287/A
For all other bookings, please book via the Accelevents event platform where payments can be made by credit/debit card.
If you have any queries about booking a place please contact the Training and Events team on 01438 544477.