The Primary Computing Scheme provides a creative approach to delivering the 2014 computing curriculum. It supports the teaching and the development of computing, building computer science capability and digital literacy for current and future learning. The scheme is organised into four phases, Early Years, KS1, lower KS2 and upper KS2, with learning themes for each.
In response to feedback, from September 2016 Herts for Learning will be expanding and improving the Primary Computing Scheme. As part of the service, subscribers will have access to a new online area where additional materials will be provided, and regularly updated, to support teachers in delivering the computing curriculum.
Benefits of subscribing include:
- The same creative approach to delivering the 2014 computing curriculum, with learning themes for EYFS, KS1, lower KS2 and upper KS2
- Learning themes regularly revised to meet the needs of teachers and schools.
- Extensive assessment materials which follow the PA Plus assessment approach, including additional examples of assessed independent tasks
- Examples of medium term plans donated by Hertfordshire schools
- New theme guides to provide deeper explanations and guidance for each KS1 and KS2 learning objective
- A new bank of supporting materials, which will continue to grow, containing software and activity guides, video tutorials, links to online resources which can be used for classroom activities and other tools to support computing in your school
- A new banded pricing structure based on numbers of pupils on roll
From 31st August 2016 the subscription charge will be as follows, with subscriptions running for a calendar year.
|Number of pupils on roll||HfL shareholder schools||Non-HfL shareholder schools|
|1 - 99||£109||£135|
|100 – 199||£139||£165|
|200 – 499||£159||£185|
Schools can also ‘refer a friend’ for £20 cashback (the friend must be a completely new subscriber or not subscribed since version 2).
To make it easier for schools to access the online area, it will be accessible from http://www.hertsforlearning.co.uk using the same log-in area as PA Plus. Once re-subscribed, schools will be sent log in details to access the online materials.
For further information about the Primary Computing Scheme or to subscribe, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other enquiries about school computing, please contact ICTCurriculum@hertsforlearning.co.uk.