Developing young scientists
The Herts for Learning ‘Developing young scientists’ resource provides primary phase teachers with practical advice, examples and activities that encourage children to ask questions and make decisions in enquiry.
Developed by the HfL Primary Science team, this invaluable resource includes:
- a commentary on what is really meant by ‘enquiry’
- a discussion on how to move from teacher-led to more child-led enquiry in both KS1 and KS2
- top tips for enhancing child-led enquiry in the classroom
- 24 simple and engaging activities to spark children’s interest, get them asking questions and acting like independent scientists
- a comprehensive list of working scientifically criteria linked to the activities
It's that time of year when Year 2 teachers are thinking about the judgements the make about their pupils in mathematics. Siobhan King presented to Hertfordshire moderators last term and, in this…Judgements 13 April 2018
Based on our successful ‘Improving Progress in Maths’ project, Kate Kellner-Dilks shares some of the important lessons learned, focussing on impactful actions that make a difference.Subject leadership 13 April 2018
I have heard the mantra so many times ‘but you’re only playing with children’!
BUT IT IS SO IMPORTANT!!29 March 2018