Developing young scientists bundle - part 1 & 2
The Developing Young Scientists bundle includes both parts 1 and 2 and additional audit tools which support schools in evaluating and improving enquiries and recording in science.
Part 1 ‘Developing young scientists - a guide to child-led enquiry’ outlines what is meant by child-led enquiry and contains 24 activities which support teachers with the experience, wonder, plan and investigate stages of the enquiry cycle.
This practical resource includes:
- a commentary on what is really meant by ‘enquiry’
- a discussion on how to move from teacher-led to more child-led enquiry in both KS1 and KS2
- top tips for enhancing child-led enquiry in the classroom
- 24 simple and engaging activities to spark children’s interest, get them asking questions and acting like independent scientists.
Part 2 ‘Developing young scientists - a guide to supporting children in reviewing, reporting and writing in science’ focuses on what comes after this and supporting children to review and explain what they have found out.
This invaluable resource includes:
- a commentary about the strength of focussed recording
- detailed guidance for supporting children with drawing conclusions and evaluating
- creative ideas for linking science with English
- examples of children’s work with commentary about the skills and understanding they are demonstrating.
The bundle includes free audit tools* to download which support schools in evaluating and improving enquiries and recording in science.
* Once you have placed an order for the bundle, you can access the digital versions of the audit tools under the 'Downloads' tab in your user account.
In need of inspiration? Join us on a journey to see how one group of Hertfordshire junior schools reignited a passion for reading and writing.Business Services, Pupil Premium, Children looked after (CLA), Health & Wellbeing, School improvement, Pupil progress, Pupil attainment, Pedagogy, Subject knowledge 22 May 2019
Michelle Nicholson considers books to share with children and activities to try in the wake of this momentous anniversary.Teaching & Learning, Teaching 21 May 2019
Read how the summer six challenge can be extended to add greater challenge.20 May 2019