Developing young scientists bundle - part 1 & 2
The Developing Young Scientists bundle includes both parts 1 and 2 and additional audit tools which support schools in evaluating and improving enquiries and recording in science.
Part 1 ‘Developing young scientists - a guide to child-led enquiry’ outlines what is meant by child-led enquiry and contains 24 activities which support teachers with the experience, wonder, plan and investigate stages of the enquiry cycle.
This practical resource includes:
- a commentary on what is really meant by ‘enquiry’
- a discussion on how to move from teacher-led to more child-led enquiry in both KS1 and KS2
- top tips for enhancing child-led enquiry in the classroom
- 24 simple and engaging activities to spark children’s interest, get them asking questions and acting like independent scientists.
Part 2 ‘Developing young scientists - a guide to supporting children in reviewing, reporting and writing in science’ focuses on what comes after this and supporting children to review and explain what they have found out.
This invaluable resource includes:
- a commentary about the strength of focussed recording
- detailed guidance for supporting children with drawing conclusions and evaluating
- creative ideas for linking science with English
- examples of children’s work with commentary about the skills and understanding they are demonstrating.
The bundle includes free audit tools* to download which support schools in evaluating and improving enquiries and recording in science.
* Once you have placed an order for the bundle, you can access the digital versions of the audit tools under the 'Downloads' tab in your user account.
Simple strategies for improving student behaviourPlanning, Teaching 18 September 2019
The representation of the symbol ‘2’ certainly does not have any concrete connection to its value. For a learner to understand the concept of ‘arithmetical value’ that value needs to be made explicit…Subject knowledge 17 September 2019
The Omnibox in Google Chrome transforms the browser into a multi-functional toolbox, saving us time in the classroom and beyond.Teaching & Learning, Training & Development 16 September 2019