Developing young scientists bundle - part 1 & 2
The Developing Young Scientists bundle includes both parts 1 and 2 and additional audit tools which support schools in evaluating and improving enquiries and recording in science.
The Herts for Learning ‘Developing young scientists part 1
A guide to child-led enquiry’ resource provides primary phase teachers with practical advice, examples and activities that develop child-led enquiry. Child-led enquiry motivates and engages children while providing opportunity to develop working scientifically skills.
This practical resource includes:
- a commentary on what is really meant by ‘enquiry’
- a discussion on how to move from teacher-led to more child-led enquiry in both KS1 and KS2
- top tips for enhancing child-led enquiry in the classroom
- 24 simple and engaging activities (linked to the National Curriculum) to spark children’s interest, get them asking questions and acting like independent scientists
- a comprehensive list of progressive working scientifically criteria linked to the activities
The Herts for Learning ‘Developing young scientists part 2
A guide to supporting children in reviewing, reporting and writing in science’ resource provides primary phase teachers with practical advice about recording in science to support children in evidencing their learning. With guidance, activities and examples of children’s work, teachers will be supported in developing the challenging working scientifically skills of conclusions and evaluations. Teachers will also gain a range of creative and engaging ideas for ways that children can share their scientific understanding.
- This invaluable resource includes:
- guidance on development of working scientifically skills and recording in science
- a detailed commentary on progression in the working scientifically skill areas of conclusions and evaluations across KS1 and KS2
- guidance on how to support children with analysing data relevant to mathematics and science
- creative ideas for sharing scientific understanding through developing meaningful links with English
Did you go into management to deal with conflict within your team? I’m guessing the answer to this question will be no, however the reality is that this can end up taking up a lot of time and energy.… Leadership & Management 11 December 2019
It’s that time of year again, and whilst many children’s priorities may not be those of computational thinking skills and creative ICT, there are plenty of fun, seasonal computing activities we can…Teaching & Learning 06 December 2019
Teachers' workload is always a controversial topic. Many outside of the teaching profession are under the impression teachers work 9-3 with oodles of holidays. Little do they realise what goes on…04 December 2019