Developing young scientists bundle - part 1 & 2
The Developing Young Scientists bundle includes both parts 1 and 2 and additional audit tools which support schools in evaluating and improving enquiries and recording in science.
Part 1 ‘Developing young scientists - a guide to child-led enquiry’ outlines what is meant by child-led enquiry and contains 24 activities which support teachers with the experience, wonder, plan and investigate stages of the enquiry cycle.
This practical resource includes:
- a commentary on what is really meant by ‘enquiry’
- a discussion on how to move from teacher-led to more child-led enquiry in both KS1 and KS2
- top tips for enhancing child-led enquiry in the classroom
- 24 simple and engaging activities to spark children’s interest, get them asking questions and acting like independent scientists.
Part 2 ‘Developing young scientists - a guide to supporting children in reviewing, reporting and writing in science’ focuses on what comes after this and supporting children to review and explain what they have found out.
This invaluable resource includes:
- a commentary about the strength of focussed recording
- detailed guidance for supporting children with drawing conclusions and evaluating
- creative ideas for linking science with English
- examples of children’s work with commentary about the skills and understanding they are demonstrating.
The bundle includes free audit tools* to download which support schools in evaluating and improving enquiries and recording in science.
* Once you have placed an order for the bundle, you can access the digital versions of the audit tools under the 'Downloads' tab in your user account.
Download our free Phonics Screening Check analysis tool for the 2019 PSC words.Pupil progress 11 July 2019
Avoiding ‘wallpaper’ growth mindset: learning from other school’s mistakesAssessment 10 July 2019
So, the big day that you’ve probably been thinking about the whole of the summer term (at least) is nearly here – Moving up day!Teaching & Learning 03 July 2019