Developing young scientists (digital download)
The Herts for Learning ‘Developing young scientists’ resource provides primary phase teachers with practical advice, examples and activities that encourage children to ask questions and make decisions in enquiry.
Developed by the HfL Primary Science team, this invaluable resource includes:
- a commentary on what is really meant by ‘enquiry’
- a discussion on how to move from teacher-led to more child-led enquiry in both KS1 and KS2
- top tips for enhancing child-led enquiry in the classroom
- 24 simple and engaging activities to spark children’s interest, get them asking questions and acting like independent scientists
- a comprehensive list of working scientifically criteria linked to the activities
This is a digital download product. If you are a subscriber or have purchased this product you will need to login to your account to view these files.
Sophie MacNeill discusses key strategies for building independence in writing.Assessment 14 February 2018
Children at a primary school in Hertfordshire have been interviewing the stars and working with media professionals, as part of their exciting TV station.Cross-curricular 13 February 2018
What does progress in books look like? Sophie MacNeill outlines some of the key ideas from our recent 'progress clusters'.Assessment, Progression 07 February 2018