Developing young scientists (digital download)
The Herts for Learning ‘Developing young scientists’ resource provides primary phase teachers with practical advice, examples and activities that encourage children to ask questions and make decisions in enquiry.
Developed by the HfL Primary Science team, this invaluable resource includes:
- a commentary on what is really meant by ‘enquiry’
- a discussion on how to move from teacher-led to more child-led enquiry in both KS1 and KS2
- top tips for enhancing child-led enquiry in the classroom
- 24 simple and engaging activities to spark children’s interest, get them asking questions and acting like independent scientists
- a comprehensive list of working scientifically criteria linked to the activities
This is a digital download product. If you are a subscriber or have purchased this product you will need to login to your account to view these files.
With Healthy Eating Week (June 11th-15th) nearly upon us, why not encourage our young charges to chew, chomp and munch their way through a juicy book.18 May 2018
Six questions, over six weeks, for six year groups. Summer is coming and we have six weeks of sizzling #HfLSummer6 questions ready to get pupils to flex their mathematical muscles!18 May 2018
“Now I am going to be good at maths in Year 4!" Hear the impact of one teacher's work to close gaps and the HfL Diminishing the Difference project.Pupil Premium, School improvement, Leading, Subject leadership 16 May 2018