ESSENTIALmaths Autumn 1 (Year 1-6)
The Primary mathematics curriculum – mapped, sequenced and resourced.
- Designed for teachers and leaders
- Essentially planned
The Herts for Learning maths experts have mapped and connected the curriculum in each year group term by term. Each half-term is developed with an easy to pick up and use set of sequences with step by step guidance. Examples of how concrete and pictorial representations can benefit pupils’ learning as well as other mastery techniques are included. Ideas to deepen and extend mathematical thinking for all learners, examples of great questions and resources to support pupils’ talk and reasoning are embedded.
This is the essential maths planning resource for all Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers.
- Clear progression to ensure coherence and consistency
- Quality learning – secure, deepen, keep up
- Clear teaching guidance and resources
- Search no more, reinvest your time to focus upon your pupils’ needs
Updated September 2019
The planning resources have been updated to include:
- further teaching resources and guidance to support the development of formal multiplication and division
- long term plan overviews for the full year
- destination question support for each sequence in the Autumn term. Examples of pupils’ responses are provided. Hazard guidance supports teachers to consider pupils’ readiness to tackle the questions or need for further practice. Spring and Summer to follow.
- Year 1 Autumn plan and 1LS1 (zip)
- Year 2 Autumn plan and 2LS8 (zip)
- Year 3 Autumn plan and 3LS1 (zip)
- Year 4 Autumn plan and 4LS6 (zip)
- Year 5 Autumn plan and 5LS3 (zip)
- Year 6 Autumn plan and 6LS3 (zip)
Also available as:
Single years (Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5, Y6) for £30 (ex VAT) each
Part of the PA Plus subscription
It’s a well-worn adage that not all superheroes wear capes but as we come to the end of another unrelenting year for school governors it’s clear you are the unsung heroes who work voluntarily and…Governance 20 July 2022
Ahead of our 2022 Fluency Expo, guest blogger, Kiran @KSunray3, shares insights into, and successes from the development of reading fluency across her school and trust.Leadership & Management, Assessment 19 July 2022
Reflections from the HfL Wellbeing Conference 2022 on agency and empowerment.Disadvantaged & Vulnerable, Health & Wellbeing, Safeguarding 18 July 2022