ESSENTIALmaths Autumn 2 (Year 1-6)
The Primary mathematics curriculum – mapped, sequenced and resourced.
- Designed for teachers and leaders
- Essentially planned
The Herts for Learning maths experts have mapped and connected the curriculum in each year group term by term. Each half-term is developed with an easy to pick up and use set of sequences with step by step guidance. Examples of how concrete and pictorial representations can benefit pupils’ learning as well as other mastery techniques are included. Ideas to deepen and extend mathematical thinking for all learners, examples of great questions and resources to support pupils’ talk and reasoning are embedded.
This is the essential maths planning resource for all Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers.
- Clear progression to ensure coherence and consistency
- Quality learning – secure, deepen, keep up
- Clear teaching guidance and resources
- Search no more, reinvest your time to focus upon your pupils’ needs
The planning resources are available in half-term formats for the year groups and phases needed.
Each will be published ready to support teachers with their next half-terms’ planning.
- Year 1 Autumn plan and 1LS1 (zip)
- Year 2 Autumn plan and 2LS8 (zip)
- Year 3 Autumn plan and 3LS1 (zip)
- Year 4 Autumn plan and 4LS6 (zip)
- Year 5 Autumn plan and 5LS3 (zip)
- Year 6 Autumn plan and 6LS3 (zip)
Also available as:
Single years (Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5, Y6) for £30 (ex VAT) each
Double years (Y1/2, Y3/4, Y5/6) for £50 (ex VAT) each
Part of the PA Plus subscription
Sophie MacNeill discusses key strategies for building independence in writing.Assessment 14 February 2018
Children at a primary school in Hertfordshire have been interviewing the stars and working with media professionals, as part of their exciting TV station.Cross-curricular 13 February 2018
What does progress in books look like? Sophie MacNeill outlines some of the key ideas from our recent 'progress clusters'.Assessment, Progression 07 February 2018