ESSENTIALmaths Spring 2 (Year 4)
The Primary mathematics curriculum – mapped, sequenced and resourced.
- Designed for teachers and leaders
- Essentially planned
The Herts for Learning maths experts have mapped and connected the curriculum in each year group term by term. Each half-term is developed with an easy to pick up and use set of sequences with step by step guidance. Examples of how concrete and pictorial representations can benefit pupils’ learning as well as other mastery techniques are included. Ideas to deepen and extend mathematical thinking for all learners, examples of great questions and resources to support pupils’ talk and reasoning are embedded.
This is the essential maths planning resource for all Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers.
- Clear progression to ensure coherence and consistency
- Quality learning – secure, deepen, keep up
- Clear teaching guidance and resources
- Search no more, reinvest your time to focus upon your pupils’ needs
Updated September 2019
The planning resources have been updated to include:
- further teaching resources and guidance to support the development of formal multiplication and division
- long term plan overviews for the full year
- destination question support for each sequence in the Autumn term. Examples of pupils’ responses are provided. Hazard guidance supports teachers to consider pupils’ readiness to tackle the questions or need for further practice. Spring and Summer to follow.
Contains: Year 4 Spring long term plan, summer draft long term plan + Spring 2 sequence
Also available as:
All years (Y1-6) for £150 (ex VAT)
This is a digital download product. If you are a subscriber or have purchased this product you will need to login to your account to view these files.
Chris Carter talks about the EdTech Forum: Enhancing Teaching, Learning and Outcomes through Technology. The purpose of this forum is to explore what the optimum uses of technology in schools might be…ICT, Teaching & Learning 16 July 2021
Puberty is a time when you start to experience inexplicable emotions. Key learning has to involve understanding and helping children to recognise that they must find a moral route through it all.Emotional wellbeing 15 July 2021
For boards looking back at what has been learnt from the past 16 months, reflecting on the here and now and preparing for the academic year ahead are all strategically important especially given the…Health & Wellbeing 15 July 2021