ESSENTIALmaths Summer 2 (Year 1-6)
The Primary mathematics curriculum – mapped, sequenced and resourced.
- Designed for teachers and leaders
- Essentially planned
The Herts for Learning maths experts have mapped and connected the curriculum in each year group term by term. Each half-term is developed with an easy to pick up and use set of sequences with step by step guidance. Examples of how concrete and pictorial representations can benefit pupils’ learning as well as other mastery techniques are included. Ideas to deepen and extend mathematical thinking for all learners, examples of great questions and resources to support pupils’ talk and reasoning are embedded.
This is the essential maths planning resource for all Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers.
- Clear progression to ensure coherence and consistency
- Quality learning – secure, deepen, keep up
- Clear teaching guidance and resources
- Search no more, reinvest your time to focus upon your pupils’ needs
Updated September 2019
The planning resources have been updated to include:
- further teaching resources and guidance to support the development of formal multiplication and division
- long term plan overviews for the full year
- destination question support for each sequence in the Autumn term. Examples of pupils’ responses are provided. Hazard guidance supports teachers to consider pupils’ readiness to tackle the questions or need for further practice. Spring and Summer to follow.
Contains: Year 1-6 Summer long term plans + summer 2 sequences
Also available as:
Single years (Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5, Y6) for £30 (ex VAT) each
Michelle Nicholson explores the importance of building links to prior learning to help close gaps in children’s spelling.Disadvantaged & Vulnerable, Teaching 17 October 2019
“Shaky learning” is often well hidden by pupils. Without getting to the root of the problem, you will only sticky plaster the cracks.Disadvantaged & Vulnerable, Teaching & Learning 15 October 2019
In this guest blog, Cowley Hill Primary School share their exciting journey towards creating an irresistible school library.11 October 2019