ESSENTIALmaths Summer 2 (Year 1-6)
The Primary mathematics curriculum – mapped, sequenced and resourced.
- Designed for teachers and leaders
- Essentially planned
The Herts for Learning maths experts have mapped and connected the curriculum in each year group term by term. Each half-term is developed with an easy to pick up and use set of sequences with step by step guidance. Examples of how concrete and pictorial representations can benefit pupils’ learning as well as other mastery techniques are included. Ideas to deepen and extend mathematical thinking for all learners, examples of great questions and resources to support pupils’ talk and reasoning are embedded.
This is the essential maths planning resource for all Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers.
- Clear progression to ensure coherence and consistency
- Quality learning – secure, deepen, keep up
- Clear teaching guidance and resources
- Search no more, reinvest your time to focus upon your pupils’ needs
Updated March 2020
The planning resources have been updated to include:
- destination question support for each sequence in the Summer term. Examples of pupils’ responses are provided. Hazard guidance supports teachers to consider pupils’ readiness to tackle the questions or need for further practice.
- long term plan overviews for the full year.
Contains: Year 1-6 Summer long term plans, full year long-term plans
Also available as:
Single years (Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5, Y6) for £30 (ex VAT) each
Clare Hodgson, Assessment Adviser, has curated the essential formative assessment strategies to utilise as we navigate our ‘new normal’ in the classroom.Teaching & Learning, Assessment 23 October 2020
The Black Lives Matter movement has re-shone a light on the problem our society has with structural racism.Black and minority ethnic (BME) 22 October 2020
Deborah Mulroney reflects on whether we are giving subitising enough attention in our provision. What is it? Why is it so important?School improvement, Curriculum 20 October 2020