Making the difference Early Years toolkit
Supporting disadvantaged and vulnerable children
Herts for Learning, in collaboration with leaders from the PVI and school sector, created support and guidance on identifying eligibility, the effective use of funding and sustainable ways to capture the positive impact of intervention - ‘Making the Difference - supporting disadvantaged and vulnerable children toolkit’.
The toolkit centralises key information and research, signposts to further resources and provide a ‘one-stop shop’ for leaders and practitioners seeking tools to support planning, evaluation and guidance on the effective use of the funding.
Included in the toolkit:
- Three pull-out posters
- Six case studies all evidencing the positive impact on outcomes of a range of strategies
- Clear messages regarding ways to engage with parents
- Guidance on gathering pupil voice to contribute to evaluations
- Guidance and templates to support planning interventions for groups/individuals
- Clear guidance on evidencing success not evident in summative assessment information
- Flexible format to allow leaders/practitioners to select tools according to their needs
We are delighted that HfL has developed a toolkit that centralises information on disadvantaged and vulnerable children. The guidance, tools and case studies will certainly support my staff with improving outcomes.
Damien Johnston, Headteacher, Margaret Wix Primary School
It will be very useful to have a toolkit that can help the whole team to implement EYPP in the setting.
Helen Watson, Leader, Tilehouse Pre-School and Nursery
Michelle Nicholson explores the importance of building links to prior learning to help close gaps in children’s spelling.Disadvantaged & Vulnerable, Teaching 17 October 2019
“Shaky learning” is often well hidden by pupils. Without getting to the root of the problem, you will only sticky plaster the cracks.Disadvantaged & Vulnerable, Teaching & Learning 15 October 2019
In this guest blog, Cowley Hill Primary School share their exciting journey towards creating an irresistible school library.11 October 2019