Making the Difference Early Years Toolkit
Supporting disadvantaged and vulnerable children
Herts for Learning, in collaboration with leaders from the PVI and school sector, created support and guidance on identifying eligibility, the effective use of funding and sustainable ways to capture the positive impact of intervention - ‘Making the Difference - supporting disadvantaged and vulnerable children toolkit’.
The toolkit centralises key information and research, signposts to further resources and provide a ‘one-stop shop’ for leaders and practitioners seeking tools to support planning, evaluation and guidance on the effective use of the funding.
Included in the toolkit:
- Three pull-out posters
- Six case studies all evidencing the positive impact on outcomes of a range of strategies
- Clear messages regarding ways to engage with parents
- Guidance on gathering pupil voice to contribute to evaluations
- Guidance and templates to support planning interventions for groups/individuals
- Clear guidance on evidencing success not evident in summative assessment information
- Flexible format to allow leaders/practitioners to select tools according to their needs
We are delighted that HfL has developed a toolkit that centralises information on disadvantaged and vulnerable children. The guidance, tools and case studies will certainly support my staff with improving outcomes.
Damien Johnston, Headteacher, Margaret Wix Primary School
It will be very useful to have a toolkit that can help the whole team to implement EYPP in the setting.
Helen Watson, Leader, Tilehouse Pre-School and Nursery
It's that time of year when Year 2 teachers are thinking about the judgements the make about their pupils in mathematics. Siobhan King presented to Hertfordshire moderators last term and, in this…Judgements 13 April 2018
Based on our successful ‘Improving Progress in Maths’ project, Kate Kellner-Dilks shares some of the important lessons learned, focussing on impactful actions that make a difference.Subject leadership 13 April 2018
I have heard the mantra so many times ‘but you’re only playing with children’!
BUT IT IS SO IMPORTANT!!29 March 2018