Places to play every day for 3-5 year olds App
The mobile app for supporting high quality EYFS provision in schools and settings.
Create learning spaces to inspire, challenge and motivate children in the Early Years (3-5 year olds) using the Places to Play Every Day for 3-5 year olds mobile app.
The multi-award winning Places to Play Every Day for 3-5 year olds Guidance and Audit books are now available as an app for all staff in a setting to download to their digital devices.
This invaluable online resource supports practitioners review the range of equipment they have available to effectively invite learning across the curriculum indoors and outdoors.
The app draws attention to:
- the adult’s role
- resource ideas
- skills to be taught
- and includes visual examples
Developed in partnership with specialist technology and publishing company, Anspear, the app offers schools, settings and MATs a user friendly, easily accessible tool for all staff to effectively evaluate and organise their Early Years provision.
Each section provides an overview and audit tool to support staff evaluate an area of provision in the classroom. Staff are able to review the effectiveness of each activity zone, considering children’s behaviours for learning and the potential vocabulary required to enhance children’s learning and understanding in a meaningful context. Focussing on how children are able to practise and consolidate taught skills across the environment. Each staff member is able to record and share findings, observations and thoughts with colleagues and their line managers. The use of this app can help leaders empower their team to develop learning spaces that will inspire, challenge and motivate children. The app equips staff with the tools to support effective self-evaluation, helping to identify priorities matched to the needs of the cohort.
Alongside this, the app offers leaders a cost effective tool that can:-
- support staff to reflect on their provision and embark on the continuous quality improvement cycle
- be used during staff meetings / INSET to upskill staff
- be utilise as part of supervision targets
- be utilise to support observations of staff and peer observations
- support governors, students, apprentices, Early Careers Teachers and subject leaders
- support managers and leaders monitor provision
- provide inspiration to create opportunities across the breadth of the curriculum for all children
A one-off purchase provides access for multiple users across multiple devices so that all staff have access to their own app where their notes are stored.
Once purchased an access code is issued to your school or setting by email. Users will need to download the app from either the Google Play store or the App store (Apple).
- Search the Play store or App store for ‘HfL Library’ (the app itself is a free app but the access code is required to unlock the digital content. The access code will work for multiple users on multiple devices).
- Once the app opens on your device, click register on the bottom right hand corner. Once each user registers creating a username and password unique to them, they will be asked for your access code (this access code is the same for all users in your setting).
For further instructions and FAQs:
Upon experiencing any difficulties contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Number of rooms||Cost||Size of setting|
|Up to 2 rooms
Access codes for up to 8 staff
|£70.00 + VAT||60 place PVI or a one form entry Nursery and Reception|
|Up to 4 rooms
Access codes for up to 16 staff
|£125.00 + VAT||120 place PVI or two form entry Nursery and Reception|
|Up to 6 rooms
Access codes for up to 24 staff
|£180 + VAT||180 place PVI or three form entry Nursery and Reception|
|7 + rooms
|POA||Discounted rate for PVI chains or MATs|
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you only select the order quantity as 1.
Ensuring diverse representation across the primary English curriculum: reflecting on our National Primary English Conference
Following our hugely successful conference looking at diverse representation in the Primary English curriculum, this blog gathers session details, links to further reading and so much more.25 January 2022
Some people say education is the proverbial big ship that can only turn slowly. If it is, then it’s about to come a cropper, because the tides and waves are moving at speed. Decolonisation is on the…Equality and diversity, Emotional wellbeing 24 January 2022
At HfL we believe that every young person, through access to a great education, should be able to realise their potential, regardless of where they live or their circumstances.24 January 2022