Progression in scientific knowledge booklet
Practical advice to support primary science teachers working to progress their pupils and develop understanding of scientific knowledge through the primary science curriculum.
The progression in scientific knowledge booklet:
- supports teachers with interpreting the broad National Curriculum objectives to develop secure understanding
- helps teachers sequence learning
- suggests how to broaden each science topic for those pupils who have achieved National
- is a useful tool for teachers to build on prior learning and then to understand where the pupils will be going next
- provides subject leaders with a detailed overview of the whole primary science curriculum
- contains a progressive list of keywords and terminology for each topic
Also available as part of the Primary Science Package or the Scientific Knowledge Bundle.
This is a digital download product. If you are a subscriber or have purchased this product you will need to login to your account to view these files.
Michelle Nicholson explores the importance of building links to prior learning to help close gaps in children’s spelling.Disadvantaged & Vulnerable, Teaching 17 October 2019
“Shaky learning” is often well hidden by pupils. Without getting to the root of the problem, you will only sticky plaster the cracks.Disadvantaged & Vulnerable, Teaching & Learning 15 October 2019
In this guest blog, Cowley Hill Primary School share their exciting journey towards creating an irresistible school library.11 October 2019