Progression in scientific knowledge booklet
Practical advice to support primary science teachers working to progress their pupils and develop understanding of scientific knowledge through the primary science curriculum.
The progression in scientific knowledge booklet:
- supports teachers with interpreting the broad National Curriculum objectives to develop secure understanding
- helps teachers sequence learning
- suggests how to broaden each science topic for those pupils who have achieved National
- is a useful tool for teachers to build on prior learning and then to understand where the pupils will be going next
- provides subject leaders with a detailed overview of the whole primary science curriculum
- contains a progressive list of keywords and terminology for each topic
Also available as part of the Primary Science Package or the Scientific Knowledge Bundle.
This is a digital download product. If you are a subscriber or have purchased this product you will need to login to your account to view these files.
Stress Awareness Month brings up the question: is stress a demon or a friend? Stress can spur us on, make us more efficient or more creative.Black and minority ethnic (BME), Equality and diversity, Mental health, Emotional wellbeing, Healthy schools, Ofsted, Safeguarding, School improvement, Assessment, Pupil progress, Transition 21 April 2021
Michelle Nicholson explores background to the government’s announcement about the revisions to the Letters and Sounds phonics programme, and considers the implications to schools.Teaching & Learning 20 April 2021
Effective maths provision within and beyond the classroom – we reflect on EEF guidance and experience of working with pupils with learning needs or gaps.Health & Wellbeing, School improvement, Pupil progress, Teaching 20 April 2021