Spotlight on Levels 5 and 6 (updated to new model of assessment)
This publication was written for Year 6 teachers to enable them to have further exemplification of writing at Level 6 and to explore the demarcation between Level 5 and Level 6. It has now been updated to align with the DfE's Interim Teacher Assessment Framework.
*If you purchased this book prior to its update, you can download the updates here.
The content includes:
- sub-levelled collections from Year 6 children in Hertfordshire schools, both unannotated handwritten scripts, and annotated scripts
- individual Level 6 pieces of handwriting, both unannotated and annotated
- STA/DfE resources guidance and resources from the HfL assessment team to support accurate teacher assessment
Overall, the writing evidence can be used in a variety of ways:
- standardisation tasks
- a point of comparison when making level judgements over a collection
- use in class as a model, in order to exemplify next steps to pupils.
Published in 2014. Updated 2016.
Download our free Phonics Screening Check analysis tool for the 2019 PSC words.Business Services, Pupil Premium, Children looked after (CLA), Health & Wellbeing, Leadership, Ofsted, School improvement, Self-evaluation, Judgements, Pupil progress, Pupil attainment, Subject leadership, Subject knowledge 11 July 2019
Avoiding ‘wallpaper’ growth mindset: learning from other school’s mistakesAssessment 10 July 2019
So, the big day that you’ve probably been thinking about the whole of the summer term (at least) is nearly here – Moving up day!Teaching & Learning 03 July 2019