Spotlight on Levels 5 and 6 (updated to new model of assessment)
This publication was written for Year 6 teachers to enable them to have further exemplification of writing at Level 6 and to explore the demarcation between Level 5 and Level 6. It has now been updated to align with the DfE's Interim Teacher Assessment Framework.
*If you purchased this book prior to its update, you can download the updates here.
The content includes:
- sub-levelled collections from Year 6 children in Hertfordshire schools, both unannotated handwritten scripts, and annotated scripts
- individual Level 6 pieces of handwriting, both unannotated and annotated
- STA/DfE resources guidance and resources from the HfL assessment team to support accurate teacher assessment
Overall, the writing evidence can be used in a variety of ways:
- standardisation tasks
- a point of comparison when making level judgements over a collection
- use in class as a model, in order to exemplify next steps to pupils.
Published in 2014. Updated 2016.
Simple strategies for improving student behaviourPlanning, Teaching 18 September 2019
The representation of the symbol ‘2’ certainly does not have any concrete connection to its value. For a learner to understand the concept of ‘arithmetical value’ that value needs to be made explicit…Subject knowledge 17 September 2019
The Omnibox in Google Chrome transforms the browser into a multi-functional toolbox, saving us time in the classroom and beyond.Teaching & Learning, Training & Development 16 September 2019