Spotlight on Levels 5 and 6 (updated to new model of assessment)
This publication was written for Year 6 teachers to enable them to have further exemplification of writing at Level 6 and to explore the demarcation between Level 5 and Level 6. It has now been updated to align with the DfE's Interim Teacher Assessment Framework.
*If you purchased this book prior to its update, you can download the updates here.
The content includes:
- sub-levelled collections from Year 6 children in Hertfordshire schools, both unannotated handwritten scripts, and annotated scripts
- individual Level 6 pieces of handwriting, both unannotated and annotated
- STA/DfE resources guidance and resources from the HfL assessment team to support accurate teacher assessment
Overall, the writing evidence can be used in a variety of ways:
- standardisation tasks
- a point of comparison when making level judgements over a collection
- use in class as a model, in order to exemplify next steps to pupils.
Published in 2014. Updated 2016.
In need of inspiration? Join us on a journey to see how one group of Hertfordshire junior schools reignited a passion for reading and writing.Business Services, Pupil Premium, Children looked after (CLA), Health & Wellbeing, School improvement, Pupil progress, Pupil attainment, Pedagogy, Subject knowledge 22 May 2019
Michelle Nicholson considers books to share with children and activities to try in the wake of this momentous anniversary.Teaching & Learning, Teaching 21 May 2019
Read how the summer six challenge can be extended to add greater challenge.20 May 2019