Spotlight on Levels 5 and 6 (updated to new model of assessment)
This publication was written for Year 6 teachers to enable them to have further exemplification of writing at Level 6 and to explore the demarcation between Level 5 and Level 6. It has now been updated to align with the DfE's Interim Teacher Assessment Framework.
*If you purchased this book prior to its update, you can download the updates here.
The content includes:
- sub-levelled collections from Year 6 children in Hertfordshire schools, both unannotated handwritten scripts, and annotated scripts
- individual Level 6 pieces of handwriting, both unannotated and annotated
- STA/DfE resources guidance and resources from the HfL assessment team to support accurate teacher assessment
Overall, the writing evidence can be used in a variety of ways:
- standardisation tasks
- a point of comparison when making level judgements over a collection
- use in class as a model, in order to exemplify next steps to pupils.
Published in 2014. Updated 2016.
Selecting texts with the power to turn around a reluctant and struggling lower key stage 2 reader can be a challenge. These top-notch texts have been tried and tested and are sure to hit the spot!Pupil Premium 23 February 2020
Read one school's journey to teach maths to mixed-age classes.School improvement, Curriculum 13 February 2020
Selecting texts with the power to turn around a reluctant upper key stage 2 reader can be a challenge...05 February 2020