Spotlight on Levels 5 and 6 (updated to new model of assessment)
This publication was written for Year 6 teachers to enable them to have further exemplification of writing at Level 6 and to explore the demarcation between Level 5 and Level 6. It has now been updated to align with the DfE's Interim Teacher Assessment Framework.
*If you purchased this book prior to its update, you can download the updates here.
The content includes:
- sub-levelled collections from Year 6 children in Hertfordshire schools, both unannotated handwritten scripts, and annotated scripts
- individual Level 6 pieces of handwriting, both unannotated and annotated
- STA/DfE resources guidance and resources from the HfL assessment team to support accurate teacher assessment
Overall, the writing evidence can be used in a variety of ways:
- standardisation tasks
- a point of comparison when making level judgements over a collection
- use in class as a model, in order to exemplify next steps to pupils.
Published in 2014. Updated 2016.
The National Centre for Computing Education (NCCE) is a DfE funded organisation that aims to support the teaching of computing in primary and secondary schools across England. Through a range of…Pedagogy, Subject knowledge 19 March 2019
Rachel Rayner considers how well we and our children are able to differentiate between two structures of division.Fluency 18 March 2019
In this guest blog, Danielle Hassell (teacher at Holyrood Catholic Primary School) reflects on the impact of Fixing Full Stops, CPD offered by Herts for Learning.Business Services, School improvement, Pupil progress, Pupil attainment, Subject leadership, Subject knowledge 15 March 2019