Spotlight on Levels 5 and 6 (updated to new model of assessment)
This publication was written for Year 6 teachers to enable them to have further exemplification of writing at Level 6 and to explore the demarcation between Level 5 and Level 6. It has now been updated to align with the DfE's Interim Teacher Assessment Framework.
*If you purchased this book prior to its update, you can download the updates here.
The content includes:
- sub-levelled collections from Year 6 children in Hertfordshire schools, both unannotated handwritten scripts, and annotated scripts
- individual Level 6 pieces of handwriting, both unannotated and annotated
- STA/DfE resources guidance and resources from the HfL assessment team to support accurate teacher assessment
Overall, the writing evidence can be used in a variety of ways:
- standardisation tasks
- a point of comparison when making level judgements over a collection
- use in class as a model, in order to exemplify next steps to pupils.
Published in 2014. Updated 2016.
What is best for our youngest children as we welcome them back from their lockdown experiences?20 July 2020
Guidance and advice for adapting and enhancing the primary science curriculum post lockdown.Teaching & Learning, Curriculum 17 July 2020
Using information from the unique child transition level of need tool to deliver individualised transition.16 July 2020