The Digital Classroom
On demand training, resources, advice and best practice for digital learning in school and at home.
The Digital Classroom offers advice, how-to video guides and best practice from HfL and our partners from Google and Microsoft to Seesaw, Tapestry and Purple Mash on subjects including:
- overcoming the Digital Divide
- adopting a digital classroom
- DfE platform provisioning
- staff training on using digital platforms and tools
- using Google Workspace and Microsoft Teams from home
- subject specific resources (English, maths, science) for setting as home learning activities
The platform is easy to navigate with information easily sub-divided into distinct areas that you can access at your own pace, with a useful search facility. The content will help you strengthen and support both your remote and in-school digital learning offer.
Full list of content in the Digital Classroom (Google document}
It was a bit of a life-saver for me.
Alan Moore, Deputy Head, Four Swannes Primary School
Whilst the need for remote/connected learning will reduce as schools fully open for pupils, an element of digital learning should continue, for several reasons:
- the school community is well prepared for any future disruption
- the computing curriculum
- preparing learners for a world that is now ‘digital by default’
The Digital Classroom will support schools with using EdTech to support teaching and learning, in the following ways:
- staff can be trained in using Microsoft Teams and Google Classroom with our on-demand video guides
- staff can receive guidance on developing effective remote teaching, assessment, remote learning in the EYFS, supporting SEND with accessibility tools, the digital divide and much more
- teachers can find materials to use with pupils through digital platforms for maths, English and Science
- support parents and pupils in using Microsoft Teams and Google Classroom at home on different devices, through simple made-for-home, shareable video guides
- staff can learn more about Seesaw, Tapestry and Purple Mash through curated video content
- all of the above in one, easy to navigate place, saving time spent searching online for helpful content
Read our blog on 10 ways digital technology can support schools in the post Covid world.
Introduction to the Digital Classroom
Accessing the Digital Classroom
The Digital Classroom is free for Hertfordshire schools and academies.
If you are in a Herts School and have already registered for the Digital Classroom, please login via the HfL CPD Hub
If you are in a Herts School and have not yet registered for the Digital Classroom, please complete the online registration form
Schools outside of Hertfordshire can access purchase acess to the Digital Classroom for £199.00 (plus VAT).
Please complete the online expression of interest form and we will be in touch.