Early Years advisory and consultancy service
Our Early Years team is made up of highly knowledgeable advisers and consultants who have a breadth of experience from both working in and supporting a range of settings across Herts and beyond.
Our Early Years team is responsive to current national priorities and to the locally identified needs of Early Years practitioners, and is committed to raising early achievement in schools, academies and other educational settings throughout Hertfordshire and beyond.
Our experienced team of advisers provides support and challenge for self‑evaluation through a quality assurance process, focusing on leadership, action planning and professional development.
Through a programme of consultancy visits, audits of practice and provision, training, mentoring, surgeries, coaching, network meetings and INSET days, Early Years advisers and consultants can help schools, academies and settings to:
- build reflective high‑quality teams and a sustainable workforce
- safeguard children’s wellbeing and foster positive relationships
- develop high‑quality provision, as recognised by Ofsted
- offer children exciting and enabling learning environments
- demonstrate the impact of work through effective self-evaluation
- enhance the impact of partnership, working with other organisations
- support the development and progress of all children, especially the most vulnerable or at risk of underachievement
School improvement consultancy pricing starts at £315 for half-day and £625 for whole day consultancy. Please note that these are HfL shareholder prices.
The EYA Super Saver package would allow a menu of options (a), (b) or (c):
(a) two days consultancy
(b) one and a half days consultancy and twilight
(c) one day consultancy plus a half day inset.
Elements you may wish to consider as part of your package can include:
- self-evaluation and action planning support for senior leaders
- developing high quality learning environments
- scrutiny of assessment procedures including learning journals and progress tracking
- joint lesson observations
- staff meeting (delivery and planning)
- welfare and safeguarding audit
- ECERS audit of the learning environment (one and a half day equivalent)
- developing the adult role to support teaching and learning
- empowering staff to adapt provision for two year olds
- coaching/lesson study/team teaching
£1,100 (non-shareholder £1,410).
A one day full evaluation of all areas of practice with comprehensive feedback and detailed written report to help your school or setting to effectively evaluate their practice and provision and inform continuous improvement.
Highly experienced early years advisers will undertake a comprehensive evaluation on all areas of practice including:
- planning systems
- assessment processes
- staff interactions with children
- quality of teaching
- quality of leadership.
Following the evaluation, a detailed written report will be provided identifying key priorities and recommendations to support and guide improvements in the quality of provision for children.
Costs are based on size of provision and number of children.
This half day visit:
- includes a comprehensive audit to review the effectiveness of safeguarding in the Early Years setting
- supports compliance with the EYFS statutory requirements
- enables the school to identify and recognise how they ensure children are kept safe
- includes a report with clear findings and recommendations.
The cost of the one-day review, including the report, is £315.
This one-day visit includes:
- a review of practices and systems in place for gathering information
- reflective discussion about the use of your assessment systems to support effective use of the school’s data
- support to ensure that all are ‘getting the most out of your data’ and know what itis telling you
- how to ensure your achievement systems support ‘diminishing the difference’ for the most disadvantaged children
- moderation session with Early Years practitioners to facilitate discussion and secure accurate attainment judgements
- a detailed report that outlines strengths and key areas for development.
The cost of the one-day review, including the report, is £625.
As Early Years specialists with an in-depth understanding of the current educational landscape, we write blogs as a tool to keep teachers up-to-date.
Training and conferences
Our advisers deliver central training, present at national and regional conferences and have contributed articles to a range of educational publications. We also enjoy hosting our own conferences, attracting high-calibre speakers such as Alice Sharp and Iram Saraj.
From September 2018 we are offering an exciting opportunity to complete an online course aimed at developing the knowledge and skills of all Early Years practitioners across all types of Early Years settings.
The team have also produced a wide range of Early Years resources that completely align with the EYFS statutory framework requirements, including making use of Early Years Pupil Premium, creating engaging learning environments through Places to Play Every Day, assessment criteria and exemplification materials as part of the PA Plus subscription package.
To discuss any of the services relating to early years improvement and consultancy advisory services both in and out of Hertfordshire, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 845111
“During our time using our bespoke package, my staff and I have gained confidence in what we offer and what we deliver to such an extent that we achieved Outstanding from Ofsted in all areas in May 2017. Staff were fully ready for the questioning from Ofsted due to the pace at which we had been working in partnership with our adviser."
“I am confident I can drive improvement based on the comprehensive report and clear recommendations given.”