Enabling schools to develop excellent classroom assessment practices to improve pupil engagement and progress across the curriculum.
When used effectively, assessment helps pupils to embed knowledge and use it fluently, and assists teachers in producing clear next steps for pupils.
Ofsted: Education Inspection Framework 2019
We can provide bespoke support to develop high quality classroom assessment across the curriculum.
Our Assessment team has worked with nationally renowned assessment experts, including Shirley Clarke, James Nottingham and Dylan Wiliam, to develop excellence in formative assessment practice. We can work with schools, leaders, teachers and teaching assistants to enable them to develop more effective assessment approaches to maximise pupil engagement and progress, and to develop effective learning cultures and growth mindsets in all educational settings.
Our expertise also includes using summative assessment data to help inform strategic priorities for school development.
In collaboration with our teaching and learning advisers and ICT services, we have developed an approach to tracking pupil progress for primary schools - incorporated within our PA Plus subscription service. This includes assessment criteria to support teachers with curriculum assessment, planning and delivery and a set of tools (linked to SIMS Assessment Manager 7) to support schools and academies with analysing pupils’ attainment and progress from Early Years to Key Stage 2.
Our assessment team has successfully worked across all phases, and supported:
- senior and middle leaders
- teaching assistants
- governors and parents
with the following areas of expertise:
- all aspects of formative assessment (AfL) in teaching and learning, including developing clear learning objectives and success criteria, effective feedback for learning, dialogic talk and questioning and collaborative improvement
- analysing data to inform strategic priorities, including ASP, IDSR and FFT Aspire
- developing assessment without levels
- moderation of standards in core subjects
- developing a growth mindset and learning ethos/culture
- information evenings for parents/governors
- supporting curriculum subject leaders to develop assessment in their subject
- planning for progress: 'knowing more and remembering more' using cognitive science
- moving learning forward through assessment: supporting staff to use pupil voice and book scrutinies to evaluate the learning journey and key gaps
- closing the attainment gap – focusing on assessment strategies and approaches to address the needs of disadvantaged pupils
- audit/review of whole school assessment systems: designing assessment procedures to support progress and well-being
We can offer bespoke in-school training sessions and consultancy both within and beyond Hertfordshire.
For further information, details of pricing and to discuss your training requirements, please contact us on 01438 544464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All you need to know about formative assessment: An excellent course which has inspired me to improve my AfL in my classroom.