PSHCE including Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE), and Health Education
We provide support to schools and academies for all aspects of Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PSHCE) including meeting the new statutory requirements for Relationships, Sex and Health Education. This crucially enables school staff to develop PSHCE as a whole-school improvement strategy.
We can offer PSHCE support for all phases for both pupils and staff, including the following:
Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE), and Health Education
Wellbeing advisers provide a wide range of support that will assist schools in meeting the demands of the RSHE curriculum in primary and secondary schools. Support to enable schools to ensure they are ready to meet statutory requirements include:
- reviewing current practice and putting new guidance into practice
- policy development and curriculum design
- parent consultation support
The Herts for Learning Roadmap to September 2020 mandatory Relationships and Sex Education
Support for schools for responding to mandatory requirements in delivering:
- Primary – Relationships Education
- Secondary – Relationships and Sex Education
- Cross-phase – Health Education
In response to the new mandatory changes in delivering Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) coming into force from 2020, the Herts for Learning Wellbeing team are offering schools, academies and MATs a series of training opportunities and consultancy services aimed to equip their staff with the knowledge and teaching strategies to start delivering the new curriculum from September 2019.
HfL staff INSET packages for schools and MATs
- The new requirements for Relationships, Sex and Health Education
- Using the Christopher Winter Project to deliver RSE
- Using the Christopher Winter Project to deliver drug and alcohol education
- Delivering high quality PSHCE/RSE in the primary/secondary classroom
- Preventing and responding to peer-to-peer abuse
HfL other support for schools and MATs
- PSHE/RSE bespoke consultation for subject leads
- Drug and alcohol bespoke consultation for subject leads
- Assessment in PSHCE – consultancy to enhance your curriculum
- PSHCE and British Values inspection-ready health check
- New to leading PSHCE/RSE – consultancy
Flourishing mindfully in schools
This unique programme, delivered directly to school or academy staff, combines the principles of mindfulness, positive psychology, and action for happiness.
The programme encourages teachers to use “growth mindsets” as a whole‑school approach. The programme also aims to demystify a large body of psychological research, by providing a practical course that not only helps to benefit teachers’ emotional health and wellbeing but offers realistic teaching ideas to trial within the school.
The benefits of mindfulness are well documented and schools have much to give by explaining this approach. The programme is most-effective when run for two hours per week over a four-week period.
PSHCE/spiritual, moral, social and cultural development review
The review encompasses evidence from lesson and assembly observations, along with the school or academy’s PSHCE scheme of work including all relevant policies, procedures, subject paperwork, display boards and the overall whole‑school approach.
Strengths are identified and recorded, areas for improvement identified and suggestions offered, with an action plan created to support progress.
Please contact us for further information and details of pricing on 01438 845111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org