Early Years Assessment project
Strengthen and improve the Good Level of Development (GLD) level for your school and support your team to close attainment by taking part in the Herts for Learning Early Years Assessment project.
The year-long project which starts each autumn will:
- support your Early Years (EY) practitioners in developing efficient and accurate assessment processes
- help your EY practitioners support as many children as possible in achieving the required level of development at the end of Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- provide bespoke training sessions and consultancy to help improve outcomes in your EYFS
- support your EY practitioners in closing gaps in attainment between different groups of children; particularly for children in receipt of the pupil premium grant
Over the last two years, this project has enabled participating schools to raise their GLD by on average 11 percentage points.
‘We have felt really well supported across the whole project and, in turn, has helped us to feel (and be!) on top of and organised in terms of data/assessment. Closely focusing on data earlier in the year was great for helping us put interventions/environment focuses in place’
Nicky Fleck, Senior teacher for Early Years, Fairlands Primary School and Nursery.
Project participants will:
- receive guidance to develop effective and efficient assessment practices
- be supported to make any pertinent changes to the provision using evidence from both child initiated and adult led sessions to support attainment
- develop skills to accurately unpick individual children’s data to match provision to individual needs
- gain confidence in evaluating the impact of your curriculum to meet the needs of each child
The year-long project starting each autumn will include:
- one full-day initial training session for two practitioners
- one bespoke half-day consultancy session in school
- two half-day training sessions.
- high quality training materials
- proforma to support assessment systems at all points throughout the project
To join the 2019/20 HfL 2019-20 Early Years Assessment project starting on Friday 4th October 2019 at the Hertfordshire Development Centre, Stevenage, please visit hertsforlearning.co.uk/booking (Course code: 19EAY/028P)
Total cost: £770 per school for 2 delegates