Enabling schools to develop excellent classroom assessment practices to improve pupil engagement and progress across the curriculum.
We can provide bespoke support to develop high quality classroom assessment across the curriculum.
Our Assesment team has worked with nationally renowned assessment experts, including Shirley Clarke, James Nottingham and Dylan Wiliam, to develop excellence in formative assessment practice. We can work with schools, leaders, teachers and teaching assistants to enable them to develop more effective assessment approaches to maximise pupil engagement and progress, and to develop effective learning cultures and growth mindsets in all educational settings.
Our expertise also includes using summative assessment data to help inform strategic priorities for school development and developing effective approaches to assessment without levels in Key Stage 3.
Our assessment team has successfully worked across all phases, and supported:
- senior and middle leaders
- teaching assistants
- governors and parents
with the following areas of expertise:
- all aspects of formative assessment (AfL) in teaching and learning, including developing clear learning objectives and success criteria, effective feedback for learning, dialogic talk and questioning and collaborative improvement
- analysing data to inform strategic priorities, including ASP, IDSR and FFT Aspire
- developing assessment without levels
- developing a growth mindset and learning ethos/culture
- information evenings for parents/governors
- supporting curriculum subject leaders to develop assessment in their subject
- planning for progress: knowing more and remembering more using cognitive science
- moving learning forward through assessment: supporting staff to use student voice and book scrutinies to evaluate the learning journey and key gaps
- closing the attainment gap – focusing on assessment strategies and approaches to address the needs of disadvantaged students
- audit/review of whole school assessment systems: designing assessment procedures to support progress and well-being
We can offer bespoke in-school training sessions and consultancy both within and beyond Hertfordshire.
For further information, details of pricing and to discuss your training requirements, please contact us on 01438 844863 or email email@example.com
When used effectively, assessment helps pupils to embed knowledge and use it fluently, and assists teachers in producing clear next steps for pupils.
Ofsted: Education Inspection Framework 2019
Analysing our assessment data: Thank you for your time. Feedback has once again been excellent and you have really helped all of us to know where to target our energies.
Chair of Governors
All you need to know about formative assessment: An excellent course which has inspired me to improve my AfL in my classroom.