Our assessment team provides expert training and advice in all aspects of assessment, both formative and summative.
All you need to know about formative assessment: An excellent course which has inspired me to improve my AfL in my classroom.
Our team has worked with nationally renowned assessment experts, including Shirley Clarke, James Nottingham and Chris Watkins, to develop excellence in formative assessment, developing growth mindsets and effective learning cultures in all educational settings. We can work with subject or phase leaders, teachers and teaching assistants to develop formative assessment practices, such as marking and feedback approaches that maximise student progress.
Expertise also includes using summative assessment to help inform strategic priorities for the school or academy.
Our assessment team has successfully worked across all phases, and supported:
- senior and middle leaders
- teaching assistants
- governors and parents
with the following areas of expertise:
- AfL in teaching and learning
- analysing data to inform strategic priorities
- developing assessment without levels
- making better use of tracking data to inform and target classroom practice
- success criteria for students
- better lesson objectives
- marking, feedback and peer assessment
- showing progress in students’ books
Overview of our in-school training sessions offered both in and out of Hertfordshire:
- update and overview of formative assessment for learning (AfL)
- developing a growth mindset and learning ethos/culture
- understanding school performance data, e.g. ASP, IDSR and FFT Aspire
- making effective use of the data to drive school improvement
- information evenings for parents/ governors
- focused session on any specific aspect of AfL, such as engaging lesson starts, clear learning objectives and success criteria, effective feedback for learning, dialogic talk and questioning and collaborative improvement
- audit/review of formative assessment practice in a school, leading to the creation of a development plan
Please contact us for further information and details of pricing on 01438 845111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Analysing our assessment data: Thank you for your time. Feedback has once again been excellent and you have really helped all of us to know where to target our energies.
Chair of Governors