English support for secondary schools and academies
Maximising impact on learning and achievement in secondary English.
Our team of English advisers provide specialist training and consultancy services to help schools and academies improve the quality of their KS3-5 education. Our strong links with schools, academies and other partners, mean we are well placed to provide bespoke support to meet schools' specific needs at department, individual teacher and student level.
In-school English support packages include:
- English curriculum review, planning and resourcing (KS3-5)
- English department review
- middle leadership training, support and coaching
- support for individual teachers to develop their practice
- standardisation of trial examination marking
- training to improve student outcomes at GCSE and A-levels
- examination 'countdown' planning to maximise progress at GCSE and A-level
- standardisation of moderation of GCSE and A-level (all exam boards)
- effective support for transition and intervention (KS2-3)
- teaching and learning strategies to support creative writing/persuasive writing
- student facing support: Walking Talking mocks; small group learning; exam feedback and 1 to1 help
Training and conferences
- Winter and Summer Heads of English Conferences
- English Subject Specific training days, briefings and twilights
Revision workshops for students
Designed to motivate and challenge students in an engaging, focused and active learning environment, our revision workshops are led by subject experts with a wealth of experience in providing additional support.
Parents or schools can book students directly onto half day or full day GCSE revision sessions. See the flyer below for more details.
To find out more about any of the consultancy and support packages detailed here, or to arrange a bespoke consultancy visit both in and out of Hertfordshire
Please call 01438 544464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"I wanted to say a huge thank you for your support this week. There has been a big shift in focus since your work with us. There are many plans in place now that have a clear strategy and are being supported at all levels. I look forward to working with you again soon."
Associate Vice Principal