About our training programme
We ensure our training is relevant, engaging and informative. Our aim is to provide schools with the most up to date knowledge and awareness of changes within the education sector.
We have listened to feedback and HfL is pleased to provide cost-effective and high-quality courses that are tailored to the needs of schools and academies, not only in Hertfordshire but around the UK. Central training is one way to access courses but, subject to demand, we can deliver at venues around the country and also as INSET.
Kerry Godsman, Lead Teaching and Learning Adviser for English
We offer an extensive training programme to support school and academy staff at all stages of their careers. Training is focused on enhancing and broadening professional knowledge, skills and expertise, whilst also improving pupils’ learning experiences and achievements.
Expertise and best practice is drawn upon from within our family of schools and academies, to ensure that all training is relevant and has impact. All of our training courses are available for schools and academies both in and out of Hertfordshire.
Our training programme is designed to support individual needs and improve professional practice, through:
- learning new pedagogies, skills, strategies and techniques, and developing subject knowledge
- preparing and training for a new role or career development
- learning and understanding new technologies
- exploring lines of enquiry, problem solving, innovating and developing new approaches
We also provide flexible in‑school training, which can take place on INSET days and involve all staff within a school, or can be delivered to a specific group at any other time.
If you would like to discuss any specific requirements, for schools or academies both in and out of Hertfordshire* please contact us.
* Please note that for schools and academies located outside Hertfordshire, the location of the school will determine the structure of support that Herts for Learning is able to provide, and travel costs may be charged.
Consultancy and support
Cancellation charges will apply as follows for schools wishing to cancel consultancy or support bookings:
Cancellation between 3 weeks and 1 week prior to date of delivery 50% charge
Cancellation within 1 week of date of delivery 100% charge