Hertfordshire Appropriate Body NQT induction service
A robust induction structure with professional guidance and support for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
I have particularly valued the ability to speak to [the NQT Adviser] quickly if there is a problem and knowing there is support for both the NQT and the school in difficult situations. The courses provided for the NQTs have been really useful.
Commissioned by HCC - Appropriate Body
Our NQT Induction Service provides a robust structure with professional guidance and support for every stage of the induction process, whether you are a:
- NQT induction tutor (mentor)
- NQT coordinator
Schools registering NQTs with Hertfordshire Appropriate Body Service can now access the NQT induction conference programme at a discounted combined price.
Why choose us?
- an established infrastructure
- specialist advisers and administrative staff who are experienced in advising on all matters pertaining to NQT induction
- external verification of schools’ judgements by our independent NQT review panel
- contextual knowledge and liaison with key professionals including HIPs, SEAs, HR and regional union representatives
- knowledge of the national agenda and induction regulations
- a dedicated support line for all NQT enquiries
- an all inclusive cost with no hidden fees
- a proven record in monitoring and tracking to ensure parity across school
We offer a comprehensive NQT service that ensures schools, academies and staff are supported from the very beginning of their induction, through to final assessment and certification from TRA. This specialist service offers a completely independent and objective NQT induction system, ensuring consistency and parity across schools and academies.
Schools and academies registering their NQTs with us with receive:
- administrative services for registration, monitoring and assessments including returns to the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- an online system for headteachers, induction co-ordinators, tutors and NQTs
- an NQT induction handbook and toolkit for all NQTs and tutors detailing the most up to date guidance on the induction process
- telephone, email, and face to face advice, support and guidance for headteachers, induction coordinators, tutors and NQTs
- advice, support and guidance where NQTs experience difficulties and are assessed at C2/D grade (this includes any necessary monitoring, additional intervention and formal meetings with unions)
- quality assurance to ensure consistency across schools
The price is £365 per NQT (excluding VAT). Discounts are available for multiple NQTs from the same school.
NQT Programme Coordinator
Tel: 01438 844755
When making enquiries using the NQT helpline service, the team were very efficient with dealing with my enquiry and provided information clearly and promptly.
Herts NQT Coordinator