Hertfordshire Appropriate Body NQT induction service
A robust induction structure with professional guidance and support for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
Commissioned by Hertfordshire County Council Appropriate Body
Whether you are an NQT, NQT induction tutor (mentor), NQT coordinator or headteacher, our NQT Induction Service provides a robust structure with professional guidance, training and support for every stage of the induction process.
Schools registering NQTs with the Hertfordshire Appropriate Body Service can access the NQT induction conference programme at a discounted price.
Why choose us?
- an established infrastructure
- specialist advisers and administrative staff who are experienced in advising on all matters pertaining to NQT induction
- external verification of schools’ judgements by our independent NQT review panel
- contextual knowledge and liaison with key professionals including HIPs, SEAs, HR and regional union representatives
- knowledge of the national agenda and induction regulations
- a dedicated support line for all NQT enquiries
- no hidden fees for additional interventions where NQTs and schools experience difficulties
- a proven record in monitoring and tracking to ensure parity across school
- core conference programmes to develop and support NQTs throughout their induction period
- training for induction tutors/mentors
- extensive suite of subject-specific training tailored for NQTs
We offer a comprehensive NQT service that ensures schools, academies and staff are supported from the very beginning of their induction, through to final assessment and certification from TRA. This specialist service offers a completely independent and objective NQT induction system, ensuring consistency and parity across schools and academies.
Schools and academies registering their NQTs with us will receive:
- administrative services for registration, monitoring and assessments including returns to the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- an online system for headteachers, induction co-ordinators, tutors and NQTs
- an NQT induction handbook and toolkit for all NQTs and tutors detailing the most up to date guidance on the induction process
- telephone, email, and face-to-face advice, support and guidance for headteachers, induction coordinators, tutors and NQTs
- advice, support and guidance where NQTs experience difficulties and are assessed at C2/D grade (this includes any necessary monitoring, additional intervention and formal meetings with unions)
- quality assurance to ensure consistency across schools
Please contact us for further information and details of pricing on 01438 844755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Discounts are available for multiple NQTs from the same school.
Tel: 01438 844755
The NQT Quality Assurance visits are really worthwhile. We have had a number of NQTs over the past couple of years and the advisors provide fantastic support to both teachers and mentors. Their wealth of knowledge and advice has been invaluable to our school
Hertfordshire deputy headteacher, 2019
The support from Herts for Learning has been second to none
Hertfordshire headteacher, 2018
Processes and procedures are very clear. Good support for the school and the NQT from NQT adviser. Supportive, effective, professional.
Hertfordshire headteacher, 2019
When making enquiries using the NQT helpline service, the team were very efficient with dealing with my enquiry and provided information clearly and promptly.
Hertfordshire NQT Coordinator