Online purchasing terms and conditions
1. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
2. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
3. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i. The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii. We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii. There has been a pricing or product description error
iv There is a system or procurement failure
v. You have failed our customer validation checks
4. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
5. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
6. On completing your purchase you will be presented with options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
7. Orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays will not be dispatched for delivery until the next working day (please allow up to 7 days during the Christmas period).
8. Where you order a digital download product, you will be able to access this product through your account dashboard.
9. If you order a subscription package, you may need to wait for your order to be approved before access is granted. This will take no longer than 24 hours.
10. There is a standard postage, packing and delivery charge of £3.00 on all orders of physical goods.
11. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
12. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request our refund policy will apply.
13. Where you have ordered a digital product, you will not be able to cancel for a full refund
Should you wish to cancel your purchase, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Herts for Learning Ltd
Six Hills Way
14. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us.
15. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
16. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable digital product) or provides login access to online digital materials.
17. By proceeding to purchase a digital product you consent to waive your rights to a 14 day cancellation period.
18. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
19. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us at email@example.com or call 01438 845111 for further information about how this can be done.
20. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within 3 to 5 working days.
21. If you haven't received a refund yet, where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take 3 to 5 working days to credit your account.
22. Non-physical (digital) products are not classed as services or goods under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and therefore are exempt from the standard refund terms and conditions set out in this clause.
23. It is your responsibility to ensure the digital product(s) purchased are correct at time of download and you acknowledge that once the download starts you will lose the right to cancel.
24. Once you have accepted and downloaded the digital product you give consent to waive your right to a refund.
25. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount code or voucher, HfL will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
26. If you change your mind about a product you have purchased, in a sale, you may not be entitled to a refund.
27. If sales goods are faulty you have the right to a replacement or repair, or if you’re returning a faulty item you purchased in a sale within 30 days you are entitled to a refund.
28. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
29. Herts for Learning may add to or change these terms and conditions. It is your responsibility as a user to refer to these terms and conditions on accessing this website. Changes will be effective immediately after posting to this website and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access this website after that time.
30. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
31. Herts for Learning Ltd shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
32. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
Herts for Learning Company Details
Company’s registration name: Herts for Learning Limited
Registered in England and Wales company number 8419581
Herts for Learning
Six Hills Way
Tel: 01438 845111
33. Herts for Learning reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by amending these online.