Revising for Grade 5 in Mathematics
A GCSE revision programme covering 30 key topics
Revising for Grade 5 in Mathematics is a ready-made, active revision programme for students aiming for Grade 5 in GCSE Maths.
The programme consists of 30 revision sessions, each one focussing on a topic which is important for GCSE success at Grade 5. The sessions will demand concentration from each learner, and are each intended to take about 40 minutes to complete.
The exercises support learning across all exam boards, and help pupils to greater understand the ‘why’ rather than just the ‘what’
This programme is designed to encourage independent working, and to complement revision offered by schools. It can be used either for intensive pre-exam revision, or for gradual revision over a longer period. The important thing will be to complete the complete course of 30 sessions: this will ensure balanced coverage of the syllabus at Grade 5 standard.
- starts with a short review of the previous session
- includes a short section designed to improve recall of essential mathematical facts and vocabulary
- contains simple explanations and reminders on key points
- includes several carefully varied questions to cement understanding
- includes questions to give students practice in reasoning and problem-solving
- A full set of answers is provided at the back.
See our Revising for Grade 4 in Mathematics resource.
Nursery rhymes are just as relevant to young children’s learning and development today as they were when we were young.Pupil Premium, Teaching & Learning 22 May 2020
In this post, Chris Carter provides some tips for teachers about recording effective videos and shares some great apps and software for creating fun videos, recordings and voiced animations.Teaching & Learning, Teaching, Online learning 21 May 2020
As transition approaches, Sophie MacNeill explores some thoughts on ideas for supporting our pupils through moving from Year 6 to Year 7.21 May 2020