Revising for Grade 5 in Mathematics
A GCSE revision programme covering 30 key topics
Revising for Grade 5 in Mathematics is a ready-made, active revision programme for students aiming for Grade 5 in GCSE Maths.
The programme consists of 30 revision sessions, each one focussing on a topic which is important for GCSE success at Grade 5. The sessions will demand concentration from each learner, and are each intended to take about 40 minutes to complete.
The exercises support learning across all exam boards, and help pupils to greater understand the ‘why’ rather than just the ‘what’
This programme is designed to encourage independent working, and to complement revision offered by schools. It can be used either for intensive pre-exam revision, or for gradual revision over a longer period. The important thing will be to complete the complete course of 30 sessions: this will ensure balanced coverage of the syllabus at Grade 5 standard.
- starts with a short review of the previous session
- includes a short section designed to improve recall of essential mathematical facts and vocabulary
- contains simple explanations and reminders on key points
- includes several carefully varied questions to cement understanding
- includes questions to give students practice in reasoning and problem-solving
- A full set of answers is provided at the back.
See our Revising for Grade 4 in Mathematics resource.
Despite constantly saying that there is no silver bullet out there, I know that many wonder whether it is just that they have not found it …yet.School improvement 24 January 2020
How can we make the daily teaching of phonics exciting and engaging for children?22 January 2020
Bushey Heath Primary School's brand new Technology Hub is an exciting space where children can create podcasts, films, news reports and much more. Here, ICT and computing is brought to life in…Teaching & Learning 16 January 2020