Revising for Grade 5 in Mathematics
A GCSE revision programme covering 30 key topics
Revising for Grade 5 in Mathematics is a ready-made, active revision programme for students aiming for Grade 5 in GCSE Maths.
The programme consists of 30 revision sessions, each one focussing on a topic which is important for GCSE success at Grade 5. The sessions will demand concentration from each learner, and are each intended to take about 40 minutes to complete.
The exercises support learning across all exam boards, and help pupils to greater understand the ‘why’ rather than just the ‘what’
This programme is designed to encourage independent working, and to complement revision offered by schools. It can be used either for intensive pre-exam revision, or for gradual revision over a longer period. The important thing will be to complete the complete course of 30 sessions: this will ensure balanced coverage of the syllabus at Grade 5 standard.
- starts with a short review of the previous session
- includes a short section designed to improve recall of essential mathematical facts and vocabulary
- contains simple explanations and reminders on key points
- includes several carefully varied questions to cement understanding
- includes questions to give students practice in reasoning and problem-solving
- A full set of answers is provided at the back.
See our Revising for Grade 4 in Mathematics resource.
What is best for our youngest children as we welcome them back from their lockdown experiences?20 July 2020
Guidance and advice for adapting and enhancing the primary science curriculum post lockdown.Teaching & Learning, Curriculum 17 July 2020
Using information from the unique child transition level of need tool to deliver individualised transition.16 July 2020