Website terms and conditions
This website is operated by Herts for Learning Ltd. Terms such as "we", "us" and "our" refer to Herts for Learning Ltd where they are used in these terms and conditions.
By using this website, including purchasing from our ecommerce store, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this document.
1. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
2. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
3. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
4. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
5. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
6. On completing your purchase you will be presented with options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
7. Orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays may not be dispatched for delivery until the next working day.
8. Where you order a digital download product, you will be able to access this product through your account dashboard.
9. If you order a subscription package, you may need to wait for your order to be approved before access is granted. This will take no longer than 24 hours.
10. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
11. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request our refund policy will apply.
12. Where you have ordered a digital product, you will not be able to cancel for a full refund
Should you wish to cancel your purchase, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
Herts for Learning Ltd
Six Hills Way
13. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us.
14. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
15. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable digital product) or provides login access to online digital materials.
16. By proceeding to purchase a digital product you consent to waive your rights to a 14 day cancellation period.
17 If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
18. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information about how this can be done.
19. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
20. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
21. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
22. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE
23. Intellectual property rights
23.1 We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in this website and in the materials published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
23.2 All brand names, product names and/or service names used in this website are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of Herts for Learning Ltd. Any use of any such brand name, product name and/or service name without the express, prior, written consent of Herts for Learning Ltd may constitute an infringement of those rights and Herts for Learning Ltd gives no permission for the use of any such item in any way whatsoever.
24. Limited permission to copy or download
24.1 You are permitted to print or download extracts from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. Herts for Learning's status, and that of any identified contributors) as the author of any materials on the website must always be acknowledged.
24.2 Any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for your own personal, non-commercial use. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
24.3 No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website.
24.4 Except to the limited extent set out above, you are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of this website for any other purpose whatsoever without Herts for Learning's express, prior, written permission.
25. Links to other websites
25.1 www.hertsforlearning.co.uk may provide access via hypertext or other links to resources in other websites. These links shall be for browsing only and in so doing Herts for Learning does not endorse any linked entities nor authorise any act which may be in breach of copyright or any other third party rights which are protected in law or by international treaties world-wide. Herts for Learning Ltd does not accept any responsibility or liability for privacy practices or the content on any third party website.
26. Links to www.hertsforlearning.co.uk
26.1. Users should not set up links from their own websites to any part of the hertsforlearning website (whether by hypertext linking, deep-linking, framing, tagging or otherwise) without the prior written consent of Herts for Learning Ltd. Any request for consent to link to the www.hertsforlearning.co.uk website should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Herts for Learning may, at its absolute discretion, and without providing a reason, grant or withhold such consent.
26.2 You should not assume that because you reached our website via a link from a third party site that Herts for Learning has given its consent to such a link.
27. Information and general disclaimer
27.1 The contents of this website are only for general information or use. Herts for Learning uses reasonable care to make sure that the information appearing on this website is accurate and up to date. However, errors and omissions do occur and you should independently verify the accuracy of the information yourself before placing any reliance upon it.
27.2 The material displayed on the site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, the company, hereby expressly excludes:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
loss of income or revenue;
loss of business;
loss of profits or contracts;
loss of anticipated savings;
loss of data;
loss of goodwill;
wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
28. Virus protection
28.1 Herts for Learning makes no warranty that the contents of this website or any other website which may be visited from www.hertslearning.co.uk are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties and users are advised to take all appropriate steps (including the use of up-to-date anti-virus software) to minimise the impact of any such viruses or similar items.
28.2 You must not misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site. You must not attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
28.3 By breaching clause 5.2, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the site will cease immediately.
28.4 The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
29. Changes to access or content of the web site
29.1 Herts for Learning may alter without notice the arrangements for access to this website or change the content, presentation and/or facilities of this website.
30. Material submitted by users
30.1 Any material or information transmitted to or posted to this website by any means will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be disseminated or stored or used by Herts for Learning for any purpose whatsoever.
30.2 Do not post or transmit to or from this website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or racist, harmful, threatening or menacing or any other material which could give rise to any civil or criminal liability.
30.3 Herts for Learning Ltd expressly reserves the right at any time and without notice to edit or withdraw any material posted to this website by any user for any reason whatsoever.
31. Access to the website
31.1 Herts for Learning Ltd does not guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to this website and Herts for Learning makes no guarantees whatsoever as to its operation, availability, functionality or otherwise. Further, Herts for Learning expressly reserves the right (without giving notice) to discontinue access to this website at any time and for any reason. Herts for Learning shall have no liability to in the event that this website is unavailable at any time and whether such non-availability is temporary or permanent.
32. Hertsforlearning.co.uk registration
32.1 Herts for Learning expressly reserves the right to terminate registration to the hertsforlearning.co.uk website (either completely or for individuals) at any time and for any reason and Herts for Learning shall have no liability whatsoever for restricting or removing such access.
33. Rights of third parties
33.1 Unless the right of enforcement is expressly provided it is not intended that a third party should have the right to pursue any right under this Contract pursuant to this Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
34. Invalidity of terms
34.1 If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
35. Changes to these terms and conditions
35.1 Herts for Learning may add to or change these terms and conditions. It is your responsibility as a user to refer to these terms and conditions on accessing this website. Changes will be effective immediately after posting to this website and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access this website after that time.
36.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
36.2 Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 12.1 (above), should this website be accessed by anyone outside of England and Wales, it shall be that person's responsibility to ensure compliance with any locals laws to the extent that they do or may apply.
37. Liability and indemnity
37.1 Herts for Learning Ltd shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
37.2 You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
38. Herts for Learning Company Details
Company’s registration name: Herts for Learning Limited
Registered in England and Wales company number 8419581
Herts for Learning
Six Hills Way
Tel: 01438 845111
39. Herts for Learning reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by amending these online.
© Herts for Learning Ltd