Five year maths progression pathway gold package
The pathway has been produced to help secondary schools plan the progression of their students in mathematics from Year 7 through to Year 11. The curriculum is broken down into easy-to-understand descriptors, graded from 1 to 9. Each descriptor links to a more detailed page in which it is broken down into simpler steps, with exemplar questions/problems of the type students might be expected to solve.
- teacher tracking and target setting tool
- assessment objectives tracked for progression using the new GCSE 1 - 9 scale
- can be applied to any school assessment system to specify progress in maths across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- supports schools in planning and assessing progression
- created using the KS3 and KS4 national curriculum
- uses DfE guidelines
- aligned to blooms taxonomy; for example, understanding' or 'applying'
- useful for KS3 and/or KS4 or as a set of detailed progression stages
The gold package contains the overview grids for GCSE Higher and GCSE Foundation plus an interactive pdf in which each bullet point has been further developed to suggest the steps to success to achieve this statement. A great tool for planning with guidance and examples included.
This is a digital download product. If you are a subscriber or have purchased this product you will need to login to your account to view these files.
Simple strategies for improving student behaviourPlanning, Teaching 18 September 2019
The representation of the symbol ‘2’ certainly does not have any concrete connection to its value. For a learner to understand the concept of ‘arithmetical value’ that value needs to be made explicit…Subject knowledge 17 September 2019
The Omnibox in Google Chrome transforms the browser into a multi-functional toolbox, saving us time in the classroom and beyond.Teaching & Learning, Training & Development 16 September 2019