ESSENTIALmaths Summer 2 (Year 5)
The Primary mathematics curriculum – mapped, sequenced and resourced.
- Designed for teachers and leaders
- Essentially planned
The Herts for Learning maths experts have mapped and connected the curriculum in each year group term by term. Each half-term is developed with an easy to pick up and use set of sequences with step by step guidance. Examples of how concrete and pictorial representations can benefit pupils’ learning as well as other mastery techniques are included. Ideas to deepen and extend mathematical thinking for all learners, examples of great questions and resources to support pupils’ talk and reasoning are embedded.
This is the essential maths planning resource for all Key Stage 1 and 2 teachers.
- Clear progression to ensure coherence and consistency
- Quality learning – secure, deepen, keep up
- Clear teaching guidance and resources
- Search no more, reinvest your time to focus upon your pupils’ needs
Updated September 2019
The planning resources have been updated to include:
- further teaching resources and guidance to support the development of formal multiplication and division
- long term plan overviews for the full year
- destination question support for each sequence in the Autumn term. Examples of pupils’ responses are provided. Hazard guidance supports teachers to consider pupils’ readiness to tackle the questions or need for further practice. Spring and Summer to follow.
Contains: Year 5 Summer long term plans + summer 2 sequences
Also available as:
All years (Y1-6) for £150 (ex VAT)
This is a digital download product. If you are a subscriber or have purchased this product you will need to login to your account to view these files.
So much more than just a list of apps, the Chromebook app hub can provide inspiration and ideas for embedding edtech into your teaching, and should be the first port-of-call for teachers and techs…Teaching & Learning 07 November 2019
Are we expecting our children to learn to reason by osmosis?Curriculum 05 November 2019
Reading is an environmentally triggered skill. You have to be taught in order to learn. Children, however are not blank slates. The experiences they have at pre-school will become the set of skills…Teaching & Learning 04 November 2019